Friday, August 26, 2022

Lizzy

Hello, Dear Ones!

Let me introduce you to Lizzy. She is just a little Texas rag doll pretending to be from the 1830s.

As you can see she has long pigtails, is wearing a green plaid dress with a little apron/pinafore over the top. She doesn't have any shoes. She must be very careful when she walks around outside if you know what I mean. She is wearing her best smile for you all today.
 
She is also wearing pantaloons underneath her little dress. She is all set.

The reason for Lizzy - Mr. Precious is a member of many ancestry groups and The Sons of the Republic of Texas is who Lizzy is for. They are putting together 'toy trunks'. Toys that would have been from that era and then the trunks will go to schools and a member will come along and show the toys and give some history from that time in Texas! I was thrilled to get to take part of this event, you know just because I'm so talented! You know I'm kidding, kinda! :)

Hope you like Lizzy.

As always...be a sweetie,

Shelia :)

I'll leave you with a little Note Song ~ 

Dizzy, Miss Lizzy

Ow!You make me dizzy, Miss Lizzy
The way you rock and roll
You make me dizzy, Miss Lizzy
When you do the stroll
Come on, Miss Lizzy
Love me ‘fore I grow too old

Come on, give me fever
Put your little hand in mine
You make me dizzy, dizz, Lizzy
Ooh, girl, you look so fine
Just a-rockin’ an’ a-rollin’
Girl, I said I wish you were mine
Ah!

Ow!

Whoo

You make me dizzy, Miss Lizzy
When you call my name
Ooh, baby
Say you’re driving me insane
Come on, come on, come on, come on, baby
I want to be your loving man
Ah!Ow!Run and tell your mama
I want you to be my bride
Run and tell your brother
Baby, don’t run and hide

You make me dizzy, Miss Lizzy
Girl, I want to marry you
Come on, give me fever
Put your little hand in mine, girl
You make me dizzy, dizzy, Lizzy
Girl, you look so fine
You’re just a-rockin’ and a-rollin’
Ooh, I said I wish you were mine

~ sung by The Beatles

 

2 comments:

  1. She's SO adorable, and yes, you are SO talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizzy is so sweet! And what a worthwhile group and activity to participate in. The school children should be thrilled!
    Happy Fall!
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete

The Queen

Hello, Dear Ones. I'm sure, just like me, you were all saddened to hear of England's Queen Elizabeth's passing. Her life story w...