Friday, October 14, 2022

The Queen

Hello, Dear Ones. I'm sure, just like me, you were all saddened to hear of England's Queen Elizabeth's passing. Her life story was just amazing.

As I told you on my previous post, I'm on a doll kick at the moment, crocheting little dolls. Well, I ran across this precious pattern of the Queen and knew I had to make her!

Isn't she just so cute??!! I picked out my yarns, grabbed my crochet hooks, stuffing and went to town.

Of course, in Queen Elizabeth style, she had to have a hat to match her outfit. I thought she's be pretty in pink. I crocheted some little flowers to go on her hat. The pattern called for gray hair but I wanted her to have white hair like she did at this time. You can see her cute little nose and safety eyes. They are plastic and are inserted into the front of the project and then fastened on the backside with a washer, kinda.

Moving on to her outfit. She has a little black bow at her neck as well as black trim at her wrists. But most importantly - her little purse! She always seemed to carry her little purse with her. She has on matching black shoes.
Queen Elizabeth will stand proudly in my sewing room and I hope you've enjoyed seeing my crochet project.

Be a bunch of sweeties,                                                                                                                          Shelia :)

I'll leave you with a little Note Song ~

This was Queen Elizabeth's favorite song ~

 Praise, My Soul, the King of Heaven

Praise, my soul, the King of Heaven;To His feet thy tribute bring.Ransomed, healed, restored, forgiven,Evermore His praises sing:Praise Him, praise Him, praise Him, praise Him!Praise the everlasting King.Praise Him for His grace and favorTo our fathers in distress;Praise Him still the same as ever,Slow to chide, and swift to bless.Praise Him, praise Him, praise Him, praise Him!Glorious in His faithfulness.Fatherlike He tends and spares us,Well our feeble frame He knows;In His hands He gently bears us,Rescues us from all our foes.Praise Him, praise Him, praise Him, praise Him!Widely yet His mercy flows.Angels, help us to adore Him,Ye behold Him face to face;Sun and moon, bow down before Him;Dwellers all in time and space,Praise Him, praise Him, praise Him praise Him!Praise with us the God of grace.

5 comments:

  1. How adorable - great job and tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Shelia this is just adorable. What a cute and wonderful Queen doll. Her country just loved her and she will be so missed. Happy Sunday sweet friend. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheila,
    Your Queen Elizabeth doll is so sweet. She was such a gracious lady and admired by people around the world.
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Sheila, I sure do miss you and about 99 percent of the time it won't let me comment here and I've tried and tried, maybe just maybe this one will get posted!!? I do love seeing your posts and all your pretty crafts and crocheting/sewing and the dolls you make etc. ---you sure are good at it. Hope your holidays are going great so far! Crossing my fingers this comment SHOWS UP! LOL hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i cant belive it.........IT POSTED!! YIPPEEEEEE! LOL

    ReplyDelete

The Queen

Hello, Dear Ones. I'm sure, just like me, you were all saddened to hear of England's Queen Elizabeth's passing. Her life story w...