Sunday, October 9, 2022

Where In The World Have I Been?

 

Hello, Dear Ones! I so apologize for being gone soooooooo long! It was never my intention. I appreciate those of you who checked up on me. I'm doing great now and have just been busy and a bit sidetracked. That never does happen to you, does it?
 
Well, I've gone back to my childhood again and have been making little dolls. I get on these kicks and just can't stop. So that's what I've been doing - making little dolls.
 
Here's three of my little crocheted dolls. They are small, around 6" tall and are all crocheted and their little clothes and hair.
 
Here is a little blondie. She has on her pretty little pink dress and has a headband on her head that has flowers.
Here's another little lady in her little white dress trimmed in pink. She has on a little hat with a flower on the side. She is the only girl with shoes on!
This little girl has a pretty yellow dress trimmed in green with a matching hat. Her hair is very long and in ringlets. All of these little ladies hair is actually a crocheted wig that is sewn on her head after it's crocheted. 

I've had so much fun making these little dolls. And, you make ask - who are they for? Well, they are for me!

Be a bunch of sweeties,                                                                                                                            Shelia :)

I'll leave you with a little Note Song ~

Rag Doll(

Hand-me-down) When she was just a kid her clothes were hand-me-down
(Hand-me-down) They always laughed at her when she came into town
Called her rag doll, little rag doll
Such a pretty face should be dressed in lace

Ooh, oo-oo-oo-ooh (Ooh-oo-ooh)
Ooh-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooh

(Sad rag doll) I'd change her sad rags into glad rags if I could
(If I could) My folks won't let me 'cause they say that she's no good
She's a rag doll, such a rag doll
Though I love her so, I can't let her know

Ooh, oo-oo-oo-ooh (Ooh-oo-ooh)
Ooh-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooh
Ahh, ah-ah-ah-ahh (Rag doll, ooh)
I love you just the way you are

~ sung by The Four Seasons

 

2 comments:

  1. FUN!!!! I took a needed break too at the beginning of school. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you took some time for yourself. We all need that once in awhile. Love all the rag dolls. Just adorable. Have a good week. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete

The Queen

Hello, Dear Ones. I'm sure, just like me, you were all saddened to hear of England's Queen Elizabeth's passing. Her life story w...