Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Easter in the Entry

 Hello Dear Ones! I have a little entry area in my home as you walk in the front door and I love to change out my decor with the seasons. It's Springy Eastery time so here we go...

If you visit me much you know that this buffet is named Little Richard and I gave him and his mirror a paint job when we moved back to Texas. He loves this pretty shade of blue/turquoise with a little bit of gold trim!
For some reason I ended putting one of my silverware boxes here as a lift and it just stayed. It makes a good base for my whatevers. My lamps seem to stay here too as well as the runner. Well, the runner is from the same fabric as the valances over my piano so...

Now you know how I love my Milk Glass and this punch bowl made an appearance at Christmas with  flowers in it so I followed up using it again and poked in lots of spring florals. Needless to say this Milk Glass punch bowl makes a great container for a flower arrangement. I have honestly had some of these flowers for over 25 years! Yes, I have. I keep them in tubs and just go grab what I need and then put them back when I've finished with the arrangements. Do you do that?
Aren't they pretty? Am I bragging on myself? Nah... :)
Of course I love my doilies and I had to use one here and I placed a couple of little eggs at the base. Perfect for me.
Heavy ceramic eggs and I love them.
On either side of my flower arrangement I have bunnies! Of course. This is a trio of little bunnies - Mommy and babies or maybe Daddy, Mommy and baby.
Then on the other side I've places another little trio of bunnies. They are having a grand ole time.
The sun is shining in through the glass front door this morning and everyone is happy and loving the sunshine. Hope you have sunshine at your home today. If not in the weather - hopefully in your heart.

Be a bunch of sweeties,                                                                                                                        Shelia ;)

The Funny Little Bunny With the Powder Puff Tail

 

There was a little bunny who lived down the lane
In his hole in an old log rail.
With his little pink nose,
And, his long white ears,
The funny little bunny with the powder puff tail!

He woke one morning and his mama said,
"now take this yellow pale
Of easter eggs to the boys and girls."
You funny little bunny with the powder puff tail!

But on his way a big bad wolf
Leaped from the side of the trail.

He snapped at the bunny with his long white teeth.
But all he got was a powder puff tail.

Away he ran to the children's house
As fast as he could sail.
And, the big bad wolf was fooled again

By the funny little bunny with the powder puff tail!

Now the funny little bunny lives safe and sound
In his home in the hollow rail.
And he sits and he paints on his easter eggs.
The funny little bunny with the powder puff tail!

The big bad wolf can't bother him.
He's grown to old and frail.
No longer can he harm our pal.
The funny little bunny with the powder puff tail!

So every easter the bunny can go
To the home of the girlies and boys.
He takes them lots of easter eggs
To fill their hearts with easter joys.

Now the funny little bunnies all gather round
To hear him tell the tail,
Of the way he fooled the big bad wolf.
The funny little bunny with the powder puff tail!

~ sung by Gene Autry 

3 comments:

  1. Easter is my favorite holiday and I'm looking forward to it! Loved seeing all your pretty spring decorations this last few posts! You make everything so pretty! I also am a big Alabama fan and love their music! Also a BIG Lynyrd Skynyrd Southern rock band fan and loved their original version too---think I first heard it back in 1974 or so....I am OLD . LOL The writers of the song werent even from Alabama, I think they were from Florida! LOL. Hope you are having a lovely Easter week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers in your entry are so pretty. I love your sweet little bunnies. Very cute. Shelia have a great rest of the week and wonderful Easter. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete

The Queen

Hello, Dear Ones. I'm sure, just like me, you were all saddened to hear of England's Queen Elizabeth's passing. Her life story w...