Saturday, April 9, 2022

Just Nice and Clean

Hello, Dear Ones! Since we've been in the living room for my last few posts I thought I give you a little tour. The floors have been swiffed and mopped, Mr. Precious has vacuumed the rug and I have dusted all of the furniture. Come in quick as it may not last very long.

When we bought our home almost four years ago, we downsized quite a bit but the living room is a great size.
One reason I liked this house, there was a nice place in the window alcove for my piano. So many homes are a complete open concept now and there was no place for my piano in so many we looked at.
Our house is built like a wheel - the living room is the center and the other rooms circle around. I do have to admit, this house is one of the easiest to keep clean I've ever lived in. Now my living room is our formal room as we do have a little den and that is where we live and the TV is there. The den is right behind the living room and the fireplace is a see through and there is a mantel in both rooms. The open door you see in the center has a little tiny area where I placed a little half moon table and hung a mirror and then you walk into our master bedroom.
I am considering getting a new sofa although the slipcover I bought is working very well. I love my Ralph Lauren sofa, it's comfortable but it is a print fabric and is just too busy to look very good any more. I guess this area is a somewhat open concept except there is a half wall that separates the living room from the kitchen and I like that as it hides the kitchen a bit from my formal living room. I just thought I'd show you my living room. I did buy some new creamy colored pillows for the sofa and the pillows have tassels on all four corners. I guess I should have bought a bunny pillow for Easter!   Maybe next year.

Be a bunch of sweeties,                                                                                                                          Shelia ;)

I'll leave you with a little Note Song ~

Sweet Home Alabama (I consider myself a Texan but I was born in Ft. Payne, Alabama. The country singing group Alabama are all from Ft. Payne too so here's the song)

 

One, two, three
Turn it up
Big wheels keep on turnin'
Carry me home to see my kin
Singin' songs about the south-land
I miss Alabamy once again and I think it's a sin, yes
Well I heard Mister Young sing about her
Well I heard ol' Neil put her down
Well I hope Neil Young will remember
A southern man don't need him around anyhow
Sweet home Alabama
Where the skies are so blue
Sweet home Alabama
Lord I'm comin' home to you
In Birmingham they love the governor (boo-hoo-hoo)
Now we all did what we could do
Now Watergate does not bother me
Does your conscience bother you?
Tell the truth
Sweet home Alabama
Where the skies are so blue
Sweet home Alabama (oh yeah)
Lord I'm comin' home to you
Here I come, Alabama
Now Muscle Shoals has got the Swampers
And they've been known to pick a song or two (yes they do)
Lord they get me off so much
They pick me up when I'm feelin' blue
Now how about you?
Sweet home Alabama
Where the skies are so blue
Sweet home Alabama
Lord I'm comin' home to you
Sweet home Alabama (oh, sweet home)
Where the skies are so blue
And the governor's true
Sweet home Alabama (lordy)
Lord I'm comin' home to you, yeah, yeah
Montgomery's got the answer
~ sung by Alabama

2 comments:

  1. Hey when you have a comfy couch I say leave your slipcover and and enjoy. Nice comfy ones are hard to find anymore. I think your living room looks nice and cozy. Have a great weekend. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. This particular is usually apparently essential and moreover outstanding truth along with for sure fair-minded and moreover admittedly useful My business is looking to find in advance designed for this specific useful stuffs…Note Buyer

    ReplyDelete

The Queen

Hello, Dear Ones. I'm sure, just like me, you were all saddened to hear of England's Queen Elizabeth's passing. Her life story w...