Thursday, March 17, 2022

I'm Just A Kitty Cat Doll

 Hello, Dear Ones! My granddaughter, Carter, is going to be twelve years old this month. She really doesn't play with dolls much any more. She is trying to be a teenager but she is still a little girl! So what is a grandmother to do? Make her a doll any way - a kitty cat doll.

Carter love cats and has a tuxedo cat with the cutest little pink nose named Rosebud. She also works with The Cat Lady on Saturdays at their local market. The Cat Lady has little rescue cats that she sells and Carter helps her. That's where she got Rosebud.
This is what I came up with. I didn't have a kitty cat pattern but knew I wanted the kitty to look very ladylike! So, since I'm so talented, I used my Tilda doll pattern for her body, please know I'm teasing. I changed the arms and made little paws and made the legs just skinny and straight. Oh, I made her a very long neck too.
I made her a little necklace with this little metal heart. The chain is really a fine silver elastic. I think it looks pretty realistic. No matter how hard I try, I can never get rid of the neck wrinkles on my dolls. There must be a special secret to get a smooth neck, but I don't know what it is. If you do, PLEASE share it with me.
I didn't want her to be bared pawed so I made her some little felt shoes and added a couple of red beads.
When I make my Tilda dolls, I just use a dot of paint for the eyes but this time I got all smarty pants and painted her eyes. I gave her lots of eyeliner. Since she's a doll and I've made her, I can forget the rules - no cat's eye but a rather sultry little blue eyed cat.
I had to put a tail on her so I left an opening in her dress and sewed down her tail. I should have put a bow on the end of her tail but alas - I've already mailed her off. Oh, and she had to have hair - long luxurious blond hair!
Here you can see the rest of her little face. Pink nose like Rosebuds and red lips. I didn't want to add whiskers so I just gave her some little whisker freckles.
She also has perky little ears too.
Before Miss Kitty Cat went to the Post Office, she hopped up on the den mantel to pose and cross her skinny little legs. Doesn't she look so ladylike in her sweet little floral dress with a pretty bow on her belt?
My hands are tired with all of the sewing and stuffing and kitty cat making. Now, I'm a better grandmother than just sending a kitty cat doll to Carter - she will get a check too so she can go shopping!

Be a bunch of sweeties,                                                                                                                               Shelia :)

I'll leave you with a little Note Song ~

 What's New Pussy Cat?

 What's new pussycat? Whoa, whoa, whoa 

What's new pussycat? Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa

Pussycat, pussycat
I've got flowers and lots of hours to spend with you
So go and powder your cute little pussycat nose
Pussycat, pussycat, I love you, yes, I do
You and your pussycat nose
What's new pussycat? Whoa, whoa, whoa
What's new pussycat? Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa
Pussycat, pussycat
You're so thrilling and I'm so willing to care for you
So go and make up your big little pussycat eyes
Pussycat, pussycat, I love you, yes, I do
You and your pussycat eyes
What's new pussycat? Whoa, whoa, whoa
What's new pussycat? Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa
Pussycat, pussycat
You're delicious and if my wishes can all come true
I'll soon be kissing your sweet little pussycat lips
Pussycat, pussycat, I love you, yes, I do
You and your pussycat lips (whoa whoa), you and your pussycat eyes (whoa whoa)
You and your pussycat nose
~ sung by Tom Jones 

1 comment:

  1. You are the sweetest grandmother and this kitty doll will be so loved by your granddaughter. She will have this doll and remember what a loving grandmother she has to make this special for her. Such a beautiful memory you are making. My granddaughter will be turning twelve in May. Where does the time go? Happy Weekend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

The Queen

Hello, Dear Ones. I'm sure, just like me, you were all saddened to hear of England's Queen Elizabeth's passing. Her life story w...