Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Been Making Babies!

 Hello, Dear Ones! I've not been posting much lately because I've been making babies!                         I've been making dolls! What did you think I meant? :)

Here are the girls! Eight, to be exact! They are all a little old fashioned looking as I have made them for some education toys trunks that will go to schools to teach the kids about early Texas history.                  So these dolls are kinda like little pioneer looking girls.
Each doll is different from the other. I found free patterns on Pinterest for their bodies and I just made up the clothes. I love Pinterest, don't you?             

          

I cheated and didn't embroider the faces but just used the end of a paint brush dipped in paint.

Okay, let me introduce you to the girls:

First, we have Jeannette. Of all of the girls, she has the worst hair. There's always one gal like that!
This is Deborah. I think she is Scandinavian because of the way she likes to wear her long hair, braided and wrapped around her head.
This little lady is Tilly. She is small and a little bit of a stinker. She has bouncy little braids.
Meet Lydia! She is a big girl too and has pretty blonde hair with curly bangs and very special braids.
Here we have another little girl named Emmy Lou. Her hair is kinda stringy and held back from her face with a ribbon. She also has two side braids.
This is the smallest doll - Molly! She has lovely long blond braids and wears a little white apron.
This is Elizabeth. She has lovely dark red hair and such a sweet smile.
Meet Sue Ann. She is also a big girl and helps look after the little ones. She has brown thick hair and has it tied up in a side pony tail.
Lots of different dolls with different hair styles.
Each doll wears pantaloons under their dresses and all have brown felt shoes. The buttons on their shoes match their dresses.
Since I'm so fancy, I made my own labels that I sewed on the back of the dresses above the hem.           I want to go down in school education trunk history!

But...my most beautiful doll is Willow Dawn! She didn't want me to leave her out!

I'm joining All About Home Party      Happiness is Homemade

Be a bunch of sweeties,                                                                                                                           Shelia :)

I'll leave you with a little Note Song ~

Oh, You Beautiful Doll

 

Honey dear, want you near, 
Just turn out the lights and then come over here! 
Nestle close, up to my side, 
My heart's afire, with love's desire 
In my arms, rest complete, 
I never thought that life could ever be so sweet 
'Til I met you, some time ago, 
But now you know, 
I love you so! 

Oh, you beautiful doll! 
You great, big, beautiful doll! 
Let me put my arms about you, 
I could never live without you. 
Oh, you beautiful doll! 
You great, big, beautiful doll! 
If you ever leave me how my heart would ache, 
I want to hug you but I fear you'd break 
Oh, oh, oh, oh, 
Oh, you beautiful doll! 

Precious prize, close your eyes, 
Now we're goin' to visit lover's paradise,
Press your lips, 
Again to mine, 
For love is king of everything 
Squeeze me dear, I don't care! 
Hug me just as if you were a grizzly bear 
This is how I'll go through life, 
No care or strife, when you're my wife... 

Oh, you beautiful doll! 
You great, big, beautiful doll! 
Let me put my arms about you, 
I could never live without you. 
Oh, you beautiful doll! 
You great, big, beautiful doll! 
If you ever leave me how my heart would ache, 
I want to hug you but I fear you'd break 
Oh, oh, oh, oh, 
Oh, you beautiful doll!
~ sung by Rosemary Clooney 

6 comments:

  1. Everyone of these are just adorable. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all adorable and cute <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelia, you're so talented and generous. Your little gals are precious and I love that they're each so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you've been busy! They turned out cute. Thanks for sharing on Happiness is Homemade at LifeasaLEOWife.com. I'd love to have you come share on my newest link party, Crafty Creators, as well. It's open from Thursdays at 6am CST thru Mondays at 11:59pm. Hope to see you there as well!
    XOXO,
    Niki ~ Life as a LEO Wife

    ReplyDelete

The Queen

Hello, Dear Ones. I'm sure, just like me, you were all saddened to hear of England's Queen Elizabeth's passing. Her life story w...