Thursday, February 17, 2022

Mildred

 Hello, Dear Ones!! I have something to share with you today that just excites my pants off!

Never mind, get that picture out of your head!

Are you familiar with Mount Clemens Pottery Company who made these lovely old dishes? The company broke ground in Ohio in 1914 and started making dishes. The Mildred pattern started being made in the 1930s and were sold in dime stores.

I was given two lovely dinner plates from a friend who said they were from his mother's china and these two plates were all that were left. I loved them - the pretty yellow and flowery trim! I hung them on my kitchen wall and they hung there for years until another friend said, "These plates are Mildreds!"

Oh, what I didn't know and then my look for these dishes started. The backs are nekked! No stamp, no name no nothing! Who would even know these were Mildreds? Well, I have acquired quite a few pieces through the years but am always looking for more. Last week Mr. Precious and I were in a resale shop and I spied a round table and guess what was all over it??? Mildreds!!! Yes! 51 pieces of Mildreds! I started jumping up and down and said I'll take them! All for $45!!! I was so excited.

Here they are on my dining room table. I unwrapped each one and counted them! Gorgeousness.
Then I brought out what I already had and above are the results! Now I have over 90 pieces!! Woo Hoo for me!
In my recent purchase I got the coveted round butter dish! Oh, she's beautiful, don't you think?
Again, the most coveted covered casserole! Yay me!
With my recent buy and my other Mildreds, I now have three gravy boats.
Three sets of the sugar bowls and creamers.
I couldn't wait to start poking them in my china cabinet. Aren't they pretty?
Here you can see the pretty pattern on Mildred.
I now have three large platters.
Aww...my heart goes pitter patter.
Here's a place setting, minus the bowl. I do have a few different sizes of bowls but bowls don't always look so pretty in the china cabinet. You can see I've also poked in a few pieces of cut glass and crystal.
I couldn't help myself and poked in a pretty little glass cupcake inside the gravy boat. The little bowl on the left has two handles! I don't know exactly what kind of bowl that is? Maybe to drink your soup from? Inquiring minds want to know.
Here you can see the two handled bowl a little better, a cup and saucer and my smaller platter.
I wanted to show you my china cabinet. I opened the doors so the glare from the glass wouldn't blind you. I also added doilies to some of the shelves. You know I love doilies.
I have never found Mildred salt and peppers but the Pioneer Woman came to my rescue. I was in Walmart looking at her products, which I just love, and saw these pretty Jadeite looking salt and peppers and grabbed them up so quickly. They will do for now till I find something else to work.

Well, I'm just thrilled to add to my collection and this just makes me so happy. Do you have some collections that you just love and get so excited too when you find something to add to them? 

Be a bunch of sweeties,                                                                                                                               Shelia :)

I'll leave you with a little Note Song ~ (I know, I know, this is the most stupid song but it works today)

Mildred, Mildred

Mildred, mildred, how I love you so,
Remember the joke you told me
While we had our midnight tea.
That was the funniest joke I ever heard in my life,
I didn't tell you then 'cause I was drinking the tea.
Alfred, now alfred, you used to call me so.
And told me how it would be nice to open a plant shop.
That was the most sensible idea we had in our life,
I didn't tell you then 'cause I was reading the papers.
Mildred, oh, mildred, how I love you so,
Remember how you were angry when I talked to the box.
You kept trying to tell me something, something about your life,
But I didn't hear you then 'cause I was watching the box.
I bought a pot of plant now
And I'm watering it ev'ry day.
I watched the late night talk show
And asked the man in a suit
Why he was laughing so when my wife was dead.
He didn't reply,
No, he didn't reply at all.
And I burnt the box the next morning
And buried in our garden.
Mildred, oh, mildred, how I miss you so,
How I wish to tell you a lot of things about our life.
But of course you aren't around, you aren't around no more
And I hear the box still laughing in the next door apartment.
~by Yoko Ono 

6 comments:

  1. Lovely set of china and would be so pretty on soft pink or yellow for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful. Don't hate me, but I use to buys these at thrift stores and break then when I use to do mosaics...

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so gorgeous and just pristine. Funny that there was no marking on the backs. You really were so fortunate to find them at that amazing price. They're just lovely in your china cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh SCORE! Hard to believe these were sold in a dime store way back. They are so pretty. So happy you found so many for your collection. Happy Friday. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. The two handled bowl is called a soup bowl, but not to pick up and drink it.

    ReplyDelete

The Queen

Hello, Dear Ones. I'm sure, just like me, you were all saddened to hear of England's Queen Elizabeth's passing. Her life story w...