Sunday, February 6, 2022

Just a Little Kitchen Vignette

Hello, Dear Ones! I needed to have a little something on my kitchen island. This island is raised and I know it can have bar stools and you can eat up here but it's just Mr. Precious and me and we don't need that. So I just poke stuff up here.

Here is what I came up with - pretties on a silver tray. The pretties are sitting on a crocheted doily that was made by my little grandmother many years ago.
First of all I'm using this pretty little Rooster that a dear blogger gave me years so. Unfortunately she doesn't blog any more. I poked a few greens in the Rooster's opening.
Here is a lovely little tea pot I'm using. She is a white as the new fallen snow. We don't have any snow, and we don't really ever have snow, but I know lots of you have snow right now!
Here is the matching sugar and creamer. Cuter than a button.
Here is a little pitcher but I don't know what it's for. I guess I could pour some Diet Dr. Pepper in it. What do you think it's used for?

 All I can say is pretty is as pretty does.

 I'm joining Love Your Creativity Link Party

All About Home 

Inspire Me Tuesday

 

Be a bunch of sweeties,                                                                                                                       Shelia :)

I'll leave you with a little Note Song ~

Pretty Is As Pretty Does

Pretty is as pretty does
I know what it means because
I let her do me like she does
Now I'm pretty blue

Time is gonna help I know
And there's no place else to go
So I'll stay and see the show
I'll leave when it's through

When the joke's on you
It makes it kind of hard to laugh
Ain't nobody wants your autograph

I could help you out I guess
But I'd probably make a mess
I don't feel too good myself
So why listen to me

Pretty is as pretty does
You could go down for that buzz
Don't confuse what is with what was
What's now is history

Love is blind, you only see
What you want to see
Don't you know that beauty's just skin deep

Pretty is as pretty does
I know what it means because
I let her do me like she does
Now I'm pretty blue

~ written by Webb Wilder

10 comments:

  1. Hi Sheila, I have a couple of chickens that look very much like
    your.....they are my favorites. We decorate so much alike! Silver platter, white ironstone, black and white rooster....lovely vignette you created. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelia, your vignette is so lovely. I love the ironstone. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sweet vignette. White ironstone and your sweet Rooster is lovely. Happy New Week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheila, such a lovely vignette with your sweet rooster and ironstone. The teapot and pitcher is so elegant, love the shape. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your pretty decor, Sheila! You do really well at that. Come help me!!---lol. I have a rooster like yours, I've had him for years. He's way up high in the kitchen. Did y'all get any snow/ice/cold weather where you live? Valentines day is on the way, do you like to send/make valentines? Hope you have a wonderful week my friend, stay warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing about coffee table designs. Your content is really informative for us......

    coffee table designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for popping in to see me. I went to your blog but couldn't comment.

      Delete
  7. Shelia, beautiful! I love the rooster and the beautiful china. A very pretty display all together. I might hazard a guess and say that pitcher is used for syrup. I'd say that is the perfect decoration for your bar counter and since I have a similar chicken and tea set, I might have to steal your idea someday in the future..Happy Tuesday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the white pitchers and the rooster! I'm adding white pitchers to my decor too.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

The Queen

Hello, Dear Ones. I'm sure, just like me, you were all saddened to hear of England's Queen Elizabeth's passing. Her life story w...