Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Cockadoodledoo Table

 Hello, Dear Ones! Welcome to my Cockadoodledoo Tablescape this morning!

It's still a little chilly outside so I thought I would set my breakfast room table for a yummy cozy breakfast. It's just Mr. Precious and me so just a table for two.

If you know me, I'm rather a Rooster kind of gal and so that's the theme for my table.
I grabbed this handsome Rooster whom I've had a very long time.
See? He's adorable!

Then I grabbed this little tiered stand and poked in some fruit. Perfect for breakfast, don't you think?

Fruit and Roos! What could be better!! Well, don't try to eat the fruit - it's faux!!
Now down to the nitty gritty of why I wanted my table filled with Roosters.
I was out thrifting the other day and stumbled upon these darling plates! They are vintage and are called Sunrise Rooster by Century Stoneware. Y'all, I found eight dinner plates for $2 each!!!

Here's a closer look - aren't they just wonderful? There were no other pieces but that's okay, I'll be on the lookout for more pieces.
Continuing on with my Cockadoodledoo theme are these precious little Rooster napkin rings or maybe they're chicks, that were gifted to me by a blogging friend who doesn't blog any more. Blog friends are just so nice, aren't they?
I just happened to have this Rooster fabric but can't remember where I got it. I think it was a precut piece from Walmart. But the thing is - Roosters! So I got busy and made eight napkins, using only two on my table this morning. The pattern and colors are just perfect, don't you think?
I have a collection of Fostoria that was passed on to me from my Aunt Alma and here are a couple of the glasses. We can have either orange juice or water in them this morning.

See that dark blue mug? Guess what? It's a Le Creuset! Did you know they make dishes along with their pots? Mr. Precious gave me this dark blue set of dishes for Christmas! I didn't know they made dishes too!
I poked down some very olden silverware with an old fashioned pattern. Did I mention my tablecloth is an old cream colored Battenburg lace? Don't you love the old fashioned look of it?
I have quite a few little Roostery pieces that work well on my table.
When I was out thrifting, I found this darling covered butter dish. Don't you just love her!!!                       She just looks so shy.
Now sit down dear ones. These little salt and peppers were mine when I was a little girl. I used to collect salt and peppers and my mother even bought a special little cabinet for me to put them in as I had so many. I guess I've always been a collector. Anyway, these are at least 60 years or more old! I still love them. My children played with my salt and peppers when they were little and only a few sets survived.
These two little pieces are from the pattern Roosters and Roses, wish I had more. I'm using the egg cup to put some sugar in and the little pitcher can hold the milk.
You know for breakfast you have to have some rolls. Can't beat these yummy croissants and I've poked them in this little pottery bowl from Metlox called Poppy Trail. You know, Roosters! I don't have any more of this pattern either.
Roos and chicks!

The sun is beginning to shine! Good morning!
Here's comes Mr. Precious! Okay, I'll pour the coffee!
The best part of waking up...
...is Roosters on my table.
 
 
Be a bunch of sweeties,
Shelia ;)
 
I'll leave you with a little Note Song ~ 
 
Good Morning, Mr. Rooster
 
 
Good morning. Good morning.
Good morning to you.
Good morning, Mr. Rooster.

Cock-a-doodle-doo.

Good morning. Good morning.
Good morning to you.
Good morning, Mr. Rooster.
Cock-a-doodle-doo.

Cock-a-doodle-doo. Cock-a-doodle-doo. Cock-a-doodle-doo!
Good morning to you!

~ sung by all my Roosters and Chicks

4 comments:

  1. Your rooster table is so cute. Love the plates you found!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rooster table is adorable. I can't decide which piece I like the best. I think I am in love with the salt and pepper shakers and the cute butter dish. They are all so cute. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cute rooster theme for your table and I love that rooster statue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your rooster table is darling. Love the plates. The lace tablecloth is striking with all of your fun rooster accessories. I am happy to feature your fun rooster table at Love Your Creativity.

    ReplyDelete

The Queen

Hello, Dear Ones. I'm sure, just like me, you were all saddened to hear of England's Queen Elizabeth's passing. Her life story w...