Saturday, February 12, 2022

I Never Saw A Purple Cow

 Hello, Dear Ones! If you visit me very often you'll know my little breakfast room hutch is one of my favorite things to decorate.

 Opps! I'm so sorry for this blurry snap! I think I wiggled a little bit when I took the picture. Does that ever happen to you? 

I love my little trio of Roosters that I bought from Rome many years ago. They like sitting up there on top so I don't want to disturb them. As you can see my little hutch is wearing quite a bit of purple today.

Let's break it down. I'm using these little olden dishes by Eterna and the pattern is called Bluebelles. They have just the perfect little spot on them filled with some bluebelles and the dishes are trimmed in gold.
The perfect accessory for my Bluebelles dishes is this darling purple cow set - creamer and sugar bowl. Don't you love them? I think they are rather elegant even if they are the color purple. I collect cow creamers and I hit the jackpot when I fount the sugar bowl to go with my creamer many years ago.
You can see I sprinkled in some purple goblets. They are perfect with these dishes. Now, I love my Milk Glass and have quite a bit and I can always find some pieces that go with my different dish sets. Here you can see the little Milk Glass sugar and creamer and a tiny little salt and pepper in a basket.
This is the bottom shelf. In the very middle standing up with the plates you'll see a little patterned purple tray I found years ago to add a little spice to my bluebelles. There is another little sugar and creamer set that do not belong to the Bluebelles family but I found them years ago and got them because of the little purple flowers on them. Then I have added a tea cup and saucer - purple. I have a covered butter dish - not a Bluebelle member either but completely appropriate with it's purple flower. You know me, gotta have a little Milk Glass mixed in so I've added another set of salt and peppers.
Here is a little pretty treasure I'd like to show you - this lovely olden covered cheese plate - purple flowers! I got this from a silent auction many years ago and it's trimmed in gold.

Tell me, would you use purple dishes in your home. I know I do at times and sometimes we actually eat from these dishes! I'm so talented like that. 

Well, shoot! Here's that blurry snap again! Could it be my little kitchen hutch is rebelling because she doesn't think the purple goes with her light green dress and made the floor wobble when I took the snap? Could be!

But the real question is - have you ever seen a purple cow? If you haven't, you have now!

I'm joining Love Your Creativity Party

 

Be a bunch of sweeties,                                                                                                                       Shelia :)

I'll leave you with a little Note Poem ~

The Purple Cow

 I never saw a Purple Cow,
I never hope to see one,
But I can tell you, anyhow,
I'd rather see than be one!

~ recited by me

6 comments:

  1. I love purple....it was my mothers birthstone and her favorite color! I have a set of purple glasses like yours that belonged to my mother. The purple cow is so fun...would love to find one....xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelia,
    I love the purple!! So Spring like!! The purple cow is so whimsical!! And the dishes are beautiful!! Thanks so much for stopping by!! Hope you are having a nice weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love purple and it looks fabulous in your hutch. Purple is my youngest granddaughter’s favorite color. Happy Valentine’s Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun you have this hutch to decorate for all the different holidays. I have never seen a purple cow until now and I love them. They are just so pretty and adorable. Happy Sunday. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I love purple and so I love love love this fun post! Such pretty dishes, and those PURPLE COWS!! You come up with the neatest stuff, Sheila! Happy valentines day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Purple is my husband's favorite color. Everything looks so lovely. Such a great collection. A Purple cow is new to me too. Happy Valentine's Day Sheila.

    ReplyDelete

The Queen

Hello, Dear Ones. I'm sure, just like me, you were all saddened to hear of England's Queen Elizabeth's passing. Her life story w...