Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Chillin' In The Kitchen Window

 Hello, Dear Ones! Hope you're all doing well today. I wanted to show you the area in front of my kitchen window that is always fun to decorate!

I wanted to keep it simple here. I know my simple is probably overboard with some of your tastes but I'm kinda of a 'overly' kinda of gal. So this is my minimal look! :)
I've had this large platter forever and it's a nice piece to put in front of my tall kitchen window. I added some chicks and a Rooster. You can barely see my Milk Glass Rooster there on the right side and then there is a little Milk Glass chick on a nest. Then on the other side you'll see my turquoisey blue Hen on a Nest. I collect these and have so many. I love them.
In the corner of my window is my scale. I have a few of these too but this one is in the best shape of them all. I poked down a little tea towel and another Hen on a Nest - Milk Glass with a turquoisey little head. Isn't she just the cutest?
In the right hand corner I've used my little plate stand and added some Fostoria glass plates and they are holding up these darling little cows - a creamer and a sugar bowl! Another pair of cuties.

Well, there you have my kitchen window. I really would like some blinds on this window because I like to be private at night. I get skeert sometimes. So...until then I'll just have these little shears and these little curtains up.

I'm joining Thursdays Favorite Things 

Grace At Home

Be a bunch of sweeties,                                                                                                                        Shelia :)

I'll leave you with a little Note Song ~

Back Home Again

 

There's a storm across the valley, clouds are rollin' in
The afternoon is heavy on your shoulders
There's a truck out on the four lane, a mile or more away
The whinin' of his wheels just makes it colder
He's an hour away from ridin' on your prayers up in the sky
Ten days on the road are barely gone
There's a fire softly burning, supper's on the stove
It's the light in your eyes that makes him warm
Hey, it's good to be back home again
Sometimes this old farm feels like a long lost friend
Yes, and hey, it's good to be back home again
There's all the news to tell him, how'd you spend your time?
What's the latest thing the neighbors say
And your mother called last Friday, sunshine made her cry
You felt the baby move just yesterday
Hey, it's good to be back home again, yes it is
Sometimes this old farm feels like a long lost friend
Yes, and hey, it's good to be back home again
Oh, the time that I can lay this tired old body down
Feel your fingers feather soft on me
The kisses that I live for, the love that lights my way
The happiness that livin' with you brings me
It's the sweetest thing I know of, just spending time with you
It's the little things that make a house a home
Like a fire softly burning and supper on the stove
The light in your eyes that makes me warm
Hey, it's good to be back home again
Sometimes this old farm feels like a long lost friend
Yes, and hey, it's good to be back home again
Hey, it's good to be back home again, you know it is
Sometimes this old farm feels like a long lost friend
Hey, it's good to be back home again
I said, hey, it's good to be back home again
~ sung by John Denver

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the TFT party and to blogging!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is all so cute especially those cows. Happy Friday have a great weekend. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelia,
    So sweet! I have a 3 tiered plate rack just like that....Thanks so much for stopping by!! Stay safe healthy and happy!!! we are in the middle of an ice storm right now....
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelia, I like the pretty kitchen curtains and your cute decorations. I hope you have a nice week too.

    ReplyDelete

The Queen

Hello, Dear Ones. I'm sure, just like me, you were all saddened to hear of England's Queen Elizabeth's passing. Her life story w...