Tuesday, January 11, 2022

My Little Obsession

 Hello, Dear Ones! Well, I'm going to confess...I do have a little obsession. My obsession is with Le Creuset Enameled Cast-Iron Cookware. I have acquired a few pieces and I love to look at them and pick them up and look at them some more.

I do use the big red dutch oven you see on the back right burner for beans and soups and have had that one over 20 years. Yes, I use that one. But the others - I just kinda look at them and dust the lids and look at them some more.
If you've visited me much you'll remember that I have a home for my Le Creuset right here on my little baker's rack. They look so nice here and I can get to them easily and pick them up and put them back down. And...look at them some more. 
Well, I have made a resolution this year - 
I. WILL. USE. MY. LE. CREUSET. 
I will. I will. I will.
 
Here is my little red piece that I do use to keep my wooden utensils in. So this one is used daily. It's pretty old. Hmmm, maybe I need some new wooden spoons!

This little orangey red trio is pretty cute. On the right you'll see my tea pot and yes, I do use it to boil water in so it does get used. Then in the middle is a butter dish and occasionally I'll grab it and put a stick of butter in it for company. Then on the bottom left is a tiny little pie bird. Yes, Le Creuset makes little pie birds. Have I ever used it? Nope, and probably never will but it sure is cute though!
Then many years ago I went into a Salvation Army and saw this little orange Le Creuset. It was really in bad shape - all stained and looked like it was ready to bite the dust. But it was a good price and I grabbed it, brought it home and got out my Bar Keepers Friend and started scrubbing. She turned out pretty good. There are a few nicks in her but I got over that. Do I use her? Nope.
Then a few years ago Mr. Precious bought me the little yellow sunshine one that is the same size as my old orange one! Don't you love the colors? Do I use my sunshine yellow one? Nope. Well, I did boil some water in it once.
Mr. Precious also bought me this sunshine yellow brasier and it's a 5 quarter too. Do I use it? No, and I don't even know what I'd do with it. But she's so beautiful!
Mr. Precious knows about my obsession and for my birthday in November, he bought me this midnight blue pot! Oh, she's lovely too. I did make some black eyed peas in it.
 
So there you have it. I have confessed. I will use my pots this year. I will. I really will!
Do you use your Le Creusets? Inquiring minds want to know! :) 

 
Be a bunch of sweeties,
Shelia :)

I'll leave you with a little Note Song ~
 
Put The Lime In The Coconut
 
Brudder bought a coconut, he bought it for a dime
His sister had anudder one, she paid it for de lime
She put de lime in de coconut, she drank 'em bot' up
She put de lime in de coconut, she drank 'em bot' up
She put de lime in de coconut, she drank 'em bot' up
She put de lime in de coconut, she called de doctor, woke 'im up
And said "Doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take?"
I said "Doctor, to relieve this bellyache?"
I said "Doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take?"
I said "Doctor, to relieve this bellyache?"
Now, lemme get this straight
You put de lime in de coconut, you drank 'em bot' up
Put de lime in de coconut, you drank 'em bot' up
Put de lime in de coconut, you drank 'em bot' up
Put de lime in de coconut, you called your doctor, woke 'im up"
Said "Doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take?"
I said "Doctor, to relieve this bellyache?"
I said "Doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take?"
I said "Doctor, to relieve this bellyache?"
You put de lime in de coconut, you drink 'em bot' togedder
Put de lime in de coconut, then you feel better
Put de lime in de coconut, drink 'em bot' up
Put de lime in de coconut and call me in the morning
Whoo-ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh-oooh, ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh
Whoo-ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh-oooh, ooh-ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh-oooh
Whoo-ooh-ooh, a-hoo, a-hoo, a-hoo, a-hoo, a-hoo, a-hoo, a-hoo
Brudder bought a coconut, he bought it for a dime
His sister had anudder one, she paid it for de lime
She put de lime in de coconut, she drank 'em bot' up
And put de lime in de coconut, she called de doctor, woke 'im up
Said "Doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take?"
I said "Doctor, to relieve this bellyache"
I said "Doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take?"
I said "Doctor, now lemme get this straight"
You put de lime in the coconut, you drink 'em bot' up
Put de lime in the coconut, you drink 'em bot' up
Put a lime in the coconut, you drink 'em bot' up
Put de lime in the coconut, you're such a silly woman
Put a lime in the coconut and drink 'em bot' togedder
Put de lime in the coconut, then you feel better
Put de lime in the coconut, drink 'em bot' down
Put de lime in your coconut, and call me in the morning"
Whoo-hoo, ain't there nothin' you can take?
I say "Whoo-hoo-ooh to relieve your bellyache?"
You say "Well whoo-hoo-ooh, ain't there nothin' I can take?"
I say "Whoo-hoo-ooh, to relieve your bellyache?"
You say "Yaa-ahh, ain't there nothin' I can take?"
I say "Yaa-ahh, to relieve this bellyache?"
I said "Doctor, ain't there nothing I can take?"
I said "Doctor, ain't there nothing I can take?"
I said "Doctor, ain't there nothing I can take?"
I said "Doctor, you're such a silly woman"
Put de lime in the coconut and drink 'em bot' togedder
Put de lime in the coconut, and you feel better
Put de lime in the coconut, drink 'em bot' up
Put de lime in the coconut and call me in the morning
Yes, you call me in the morning
You call me in the morning, I'll tell you what to do
If you call me in the morning, I'll tell you what to do
If you call me in the morning, I'll tell you what to do
If you call me in the morning, I'll tell you what to do
Well, if you call me in the morning, I'll tell you what to do
~ sung by Harry Nilsson 

6 comments:

  1. They are all so pretty and that red one looks perfect for beans and soups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing, Shelia. Thankyou for the "obsession confession"! My daughter bought me a piece about 6 years ago for Christmas and I was thrilled. But after using it a few times I had to just admire it. It was so heavy and my RA hands and wrists made it almost impossible for me to use. I kept feeling like I was going to drop it. So, now I'm just admiring that costly little sweetheart on the shelf. cute but way too heavy for me to handle! You have a gorgeous collection, love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I use mine all of the time. In the brazier I make Greek Chicken and rice. In my dutch oven I make braised short ribs, soups, bolognese sauce and so much more

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelia,
    O MY!! Do I love these colors and how you have these beauties displayed! Thanks so much for sharing!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to LOL for I am the same way. I started a little collection, used them a few times and ended up displaying them on a bakers rack. Then, I decided I didn't need them and sold them all, all of it. I'm regretting it now so I may have to begin again. Love your pieces Shelia, lovely collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Sheila, love your obsession. The colors are lovely and cheerful. Love that song. Happy Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

The Queen

Hello, Dear Ones. I'm sure, just like me, you were all saddened to hear of England's Queen Elizabeth's passing. Her life story w...