Thursday, January 27, 2022

A Frilly Little Ladies Luncheon

Hello, Dear Ones! I hosted a frilly little ladies luncheon at my house yesterday and wanted to share my table with you.
Since it was going to be a casual affair I set the table in my Breakfast room.

I do collect Jadeite but I just don't have plates to eat from so the Pioneer Woman came to my rescue with her gorgeous Jadeite pieces! She produces these lovely scalloped edges dishes - dinner plates, salad/desert plates and bowls. Plus she also has sugar, creamer, salt and peppers and a little cookie jar. Do I have any of these? You bet your Jadeite I do and I also have her covered Jadeite cake stand. Okay, this is not a commercial for the Pioneer Woman but I love her Jadeite pieces! Just sayin'.

My dear Aunt Nay passed away many years ago and as I little girl when we would eat at her house she always brought out her Candlewick glassware. I loved them and always felt so special to drink her sweet tea from them. When she passed, my cousin remembered how I loved her Candlewick glasses and he gave them to me. Alas, there are only five glasses left but that's okay. He also threw in, well, he gently passed along a pair of Candlewick candlesticks. What a sweetheart of a cousin I have!
I grabbed these beaded napkin rings and put in some pretty print napkins that are so soft. I found these napkins at Home Goods.
When I took this picture I really didn't have everything on my table. I served chicken salad sandwiches on croissants, kettle chips, sweet pickles and kosher dill pickles. I'm easy. For desert I made from scratch a yummy pound cake, sliced up some strawberries and put a dollop of whipped cream on top! It was all yummy. 
Am I patting myself on the back? A little! :)
Here you can see my strawberries sprinkled with a little bit of sugar so they will be nice and sweet - like me!
In the background you can see the Pioneer Woman's pretty little sugar bowl and creamer. That was for the coffee if they wanted some. You'll notice a pretty set of Jadeite salt and peppers but they aren't part of the Pioneer Woman's Jadeite. I found those in an antique shop but I don't think they are antique. Do I care? No, I do not and you want to know why? They. Are. Jadeite!
Since there were only three of us ladies I used the fourth dining spot for my table focal point. I made a  little floral with my faux flowers and poked them into this darling little homey teapot - a 1930's Porcelier Vitreous China teapot with a hearth scene.Aren't these such beautiful little faux ranunculus and I think they look pretty realistic too!
Well, needless to say, we had a lovely little luncheon and talked and laughed and roasted a few friends in a very loving way! :) We ate and drank peach tea, talked and laughed a little more. Now this was certainly a frilly little ladies luncheon because what guy would want to eat frilly food on frilly plates sitting on frilly doilies? 

I'm joining the parties

 Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday

 Thursday Favorite Things

Be a bunch of sweeties,     
Shelia :)

I'll lead you with a little Note Song ~

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

I come home, in the mornin' light
My mother says "When you gonna live your life right?"
Oh momma dear, we're not the fortunate ones
And girls, they wanna have fun
Oh girls just wanna have fun...
The phone rings, in the middle of the night
My father yells "What you gonna do with your life?"
Oh daddy dear, you know you're still number one
But girls they wanna have fun
Oh girls just wanna have
That's all they really want
Some fun
When the workin' day is done
Oh girls, they wanna have fun
Ho hoo girls just wanna have (girls) fun (they want)
(Wanna have fun)
(Girls)
(Wanna have)
Some boys take a beautiful girl
And hide her away from the rest o' the world
I wanna be the one to walk in the sun
Oh girls, they wanna have fun
Ho hoo girls just wanna have
That's all they really want
Is some fun
When the workin' day is done
Oh girls, they wanna have fun
Oh girls just wanna have (girls) fun (they want)
(Wanna have fun)
(Girls)
(Wanna have)
They just want, they just wanna (girls)
They just want, they just wanna (girls just wanna have fun)
Oh girls
Girls just wanna have fun
(Just want, they just wanna)
They just wanna, they just wanna (girls)
They just want, they just wanna (girls just wanna have fun)
Girls, girls just wanna have fun
When the workin'
When the workin' day is done
Oh, when the workin' day is done
Oh, girls
Girls just wanna have fun
They just want, they just wanna (girls)
They just want, they just wanna (girls just wanna have fun)
Oh, girls
Girls just wanna have fun
(They just wanna, they just wanna)
When the workin'
When the working day is done (they just want, they just wanna)
Oh, when the working day is done (oh, girls)
(Girls just wanna have fun)
(They just want, they just wanna)
~ sung by Cyndi Lauper

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful time. Your meal sounds perfect, and I love your table setting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet luncheon and the story behind the glasses was dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to get together with your friends for a luncheon. You set a pretty table and I'm sure you all had fun and the food sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The table setting is so pretty and special since you have pieces that have such lovely memories for you. The menu sounds yummy too. I bet you were the hostess with the mostess and everyone had a wonderful time. Happy Weekend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sheila! I use the Pioneer Woman Jadeite plates for our every day dinnerware - her whole line of Jadeite is beautiful and looks so close to the real thing. Your teapot is lovely with the sweet little hearth scene. What a beautiful table you set for your friends. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your article is great and can be found at Pinyin Lyrics

    ReplyDelete

The Queen

Hello, Dear Ones. I'm sure, just like me, you were all saddened to hear of England's Queen Elizabeth's passing. Her life story w...