Wednesday, January 26, 2022

The Finn Has Got The Blues

 Hello, Dear Ones! Come on into the living room and see what I've done to The Finn.

This is a fun piece to decorate with the seasons.
Okay, I did something I've never down before - I put dishes on top of The Finn! He likes it too! The Finn is a guy, just so you'll know but he does like to get frilled up!
I have lots and lots of Blue Willow dishes and thought I would try my hand at putting these dishes here. I added the big platter and then a little plate. The little candle holder without a candle is not Blue Willow but the colors were just perfect together.
On the far side I used a bowl propped up on a plate stand and it looks pretty good! Another plate is behind the platter and the bowl. If you'll look closely you'll see another little Staffy looking over the bowl. His spots are a bluish black so he wanted to sit here with the Blue Willow. Done!
I apologize for the kinda blurry photos but these little butter pat plates are just the cutest things, aren't they? I found them long ago in an antique shop in San Antonio, Texas. I propped one up just so you could see the Blue Willow design.
The top of The Finn is definitely full of dishes but I do think he likes it.
Are you ready for your close up?

Nothing like a dished up Finn for January and beyond!

I'm joining the parties:

 Grace At Home

Share Your Style

Thursdays Favorite Things

Be a bunch of sweeties,                                                                                                                       Shelia :)

I'll leave you with a little Note Song ~

Am I Blue?

 

Am I blue?
Am I blue?
Ain't these tears
In these eyes tellin' you?
Am I blue?
You'll be too
If your schemes like your dreams
Done fell through
Was a time
I was her only one
Now I am
The sad and lonely one, oh yes I am
Was I gay?
Till today
Now she's gone and we're through
Am I blue?
Was a time
I was her only one
Now I am
The sad and lonely one
I'm such a lonely one
Was I gay?
Till today
Now she's gone and we're through
Am I blue?
~ sung by Ray Charles 

7 comments:

  1. I love blue and white china and your Finn is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blue and white china looks so pretty and I like the dog too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Finn is looking pretty sharp with the Blue Willow china. Your pieces of Blue Willow are beautiful I had a set of children's Blue Willow as a young girl and loved playing tea party with them. Sadly, I don't have any "grown-up" Blue Willow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Finn looks rather handsome with his blue dishes and I like that he is in touch with his feminine side lol! Looks beautiful. Have a great rest of the week. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Finn is looking quite dapper! I love blue and white, especially willow. Happy Thursday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finn is very distinguished! I think the blue willow shows up and just pops, what could be lovelier?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finn looks great. Congratulations, you are being featured on Thursday Favorite Things. I hope you stop by. https://www.eclecticredbarn.com/2022/02/thursday-favorite-things-party.html
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete

The Queen

Hello, Dear Ones. I'm sure, just like me, you were all saddened to hear of England's Queen Elizabeth's passing. Her life story w...