Friday, December 10, 2021

Christmasing On My Mantel

 Hello, Dear Ones. Well, the Christmasing is continuing here at my house and today I'm going to show you my mantel in the living room.


This is the view as you walk into my living room - the mantel and the tree!
Here you can see that I took my two new side chairs and put them on either side of the fireplace to make room for the Christmas tree. I kinda like it like this! Oh, I see Willow is trying to hide her face since she was trying to photo bomb my picture! Little booger!
I hung a wreath on my mirror and poked down an old green garland. I wove some deco mesh ribbon around the garland. I used that same deco mesh on my Christmas tree. Then, since I said I'd only use red, green and gold ball this year, I only used red balls on the garland. I put a couple of candles up on some candle sticks, poked down a little faux tree with guess what? Red, green and gold balls!
I just love Christmas time, don't you?
The above doggies don't look very Christmasy but I have so many I needed a place to put some of them so these volunteered to sit up here on the end of my mantle. This is the part that is not over the fireplace. They are all smiling so I know they love it up here.
Here's another view. I've gone a little simple this year and I like it.

Be a bunch of sweeties,                                                                                                                       Shelia :)

I'll leave you with a little Note Song ~

Wonderful Christmastime

 The moon is right

The spirits up
We're here tonight
And that's enough
Simply havin' a wonderful Christmastime
Simply havin' a wonderful Christmastime
The party's on
The feelin's here
That only comes
This time of year
Simply havin' a wonderful Christmastime
Simply havin' a wonderful Christmastime
The choir of children sing their song
Ding dong, ding dong
Ding dong, ding, ooh, ooh
We're simply havin' a wonderful Christmastime
Simply havin' a wonderful Christmastime
The word is out
About the town
So lift a glass
Ahh, don't look down
Simply havin' a wonderful Christmastime
The choir of children sing their song
They practiced all year long
Ding dong, ding dong
Ding dong, ding dong
Ding dong, ding dong
Ding dong, ding, ooh, ooh
The party's on
The spirits up
We're here tonight
And that's enough
Simply havin' a wonderful Christmastime
We're simply havin' a wonderful Christmastime
The moon is right
The spirits up
We're here tonight
And that's enough
We're simply havin' a wonderful Christmastime
Simply havin' a wonderful Christmastime
Simply havin' a wonderful Christmastime
Oh, Christmastime
~ sung by Paul McCartney and Wings 

4 comments:

  1. I sure do remember when that Christmas song by Wings came out! Your living room is bright, cheery, festive! Sheila you have such a lovely home and it always looks picture perfect, what is your secret?---how do you keep things so clean and lovely??? It's always so neat and pretty. Love your mantle, we did ours this week too. Ours is lots of green and blue! We have our little tree up there, and my reindeer collection. Happy weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mantel looks gorgeous as does your tree.

    ReplyDelete

The Queen

Hello, Dear Ones. I'm sure, just like me, you were all saddened to hear of England's Queen Elizabeth's passing. Her life story w...