Monday, December 13, 2021

Christmas Milk Glass

 Hello, Dear Ones! Well, today I want to show you my glass shelves on the left side of my fireplace filled up with some of my Milk Glass. I say 'some' as I have a whole lot that just won't fit here. Any way, come on in and I'll show you!

First of all, I just love Milk Glass. I love the snowy white color. I love that most of it is vintage and I love that I can use it, and I do, for many things every day.
Isn't this just so pretty? This is my first shelf all filled up with different Milk Glass pieces. I poked in a few Christmas balls and some Christmas picks.
The big Milk Glass basket was given to me by my little mother many years ago and I just cherish it. When we were out traveling this summer, I found the tiny baby basket to my big basket and was so thrilled.
Here you can see the baby basket and of course my white Staffies are always on guard here because they are white in color. That makes them fill so proud.
Traveling on to the second shelf, you can see more Milk Glass!
Did I tell you how much I love Milk Glass?
Here's another white Staffie and unfortunately, he doesn't have a mate. Thus the sad little look.
Here is the third shelf and I have placed a few Hob Nail patterned Milk Glass pieces up here. The mirror behind this makes everything seem more than what it is and reflects the living room and the kitchen! This mirror would not have been my choice to put up but it was here when we moved in and it could just stay here. If I were rich I'd have it pulled down in a heart beat. Oh, well...it is what it is.
I hope you've enjoyed seeing my snowy Milk Glass today. 

Be a bunch of sweeties,                                                                                                                       Shelia :)

I'll leave you with a little Note Song ~

White Christmas

 I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
Just like the ones I used to know
Where the treetops glisten
And children listen
To hear sleigh bells in the snow

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
With every Christmas card I write
May your days be merry and bright
And may all your Christmases be white

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
Just like the ones I used to know
Where the treetops glisten
And children listen
To hear sleigh bells in the snow

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
With every Christmas card I write
May your days be merry and bright
And may all your Christmases be white 

~ sung by Bing Crosby

 

2 comments:

  1. I love milk glass too! I have several pieces that were my mothers and some that I've collected over the years. We must have similar taste in milk glass because I see you have many of the pieces that I have! It looks great with the addition of Christmas colors to your collection.....Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love milk glass pieces and yours are beautiful. Adding the colorful Christmas decorations around them is so pretty. Your little guy needs a mate for Christmas.
    Have a great week. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete

The Queen

Hello, Dear Ones. I'm sure, just like me, you were all saddened to hear of England's Queen Elizabeth's passing. Her life story w...