Sunday, October 3, 2021

Little Southern Belles

 Hello, Dear Ones! There is a parade going on on the top of my dining room table!

Or, is it a march of some kind?
I see they are all ladies. Are they protesting something?
Could it be college alumni?
Could it be an organization?
Oh, I get it now. Here is the leader and she is dressed in a beautiful gown of red with tiny little white polka dots. Her hair is coiffed to the max and she has a rose placed just so in her hair!
All of these little ladies are holding the 1st National flag which was one of the 1st flags of the Confederacy and the 7 stars represent the original states. It was only used for two years.
Look at all of these little ladies! Every hair color. Some are tall, some are short. All looking pretty and all carrying their flags.

Dear Ones, the above photo was taken by Mr. Precious - he's not a very good picture taker - as I'm all fuzzy!

 Anyway, I've made 300 little ladies. They are all standing on a little red base and all are wearing a slip underneath their dresses. I've painted their hair and little faces. I used a white pipe cleaner and hot glued it down for their little arms. To cover up the pipe cleaner, I used ribbon that I crossed around the bust area and it was glued down. Next I was ready for the skirt - I cut out little rectangles of fabric, sewed up the back seam, ironed up and sewed the hem down and then I was ready to gather the skirt which I glued down around each little ladies waist. I glued and painted little wooden balls to put on their heads for their buns. Then I started making little flowers from ribbon for their hair. I think I made about 100 and then decided I would just buy ready made red roses for the rest! Whew, why I didn't do that to start with? My Texas Division of the UDC had our convention this weekend and I've made these little ladies to be table favors for each lady. 

I think I'm tired now and need a rest!

 I'm joining Cheryl at Sew Can Do for her Hello October Craftastic Monday Link Party

Linda at Life and Linda for Love Your Creativity Link Party

Julie at Sum of Their Stories for Handmade Monday 

Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday 

Richella at Imparting Grace for Grace At Home

As always...be a sweetie,

Shelia :)

I'll leave you with a little Note Song ~

The Lady in Red

 I've never seen you looking so lovely as you did tonight,
I've never seen you shine so bright,
I've never seen so many men ask you if you wanted to dance,
They're looking for a little romance, given half a chance,
And I have never seen that dress you're wearing,
Or the highlights in your hair that catch your eyes,
I have been blind;

The lady in red is dancing with me, cheek to cheek,
There's nobody here, it's just you and me,
It's where I want to be,
But I hardly know this beauty by my side,
I'll never forget the way you look tonight;

I've never seen you looking so gorgeous as you did tonight,
I've never seen you shine so bright, you were amazing,
I've never seen so many people want to be there by your side,
And when you turned to me and smiled, it took my breath away,
And I have never had such a feeling,
Such a feeling of complete and utter love, as I do tonight;

The lady in red is dancing with me, cheek to cheek,
There's nobody here, it's just you and me,
It's where I want to be,
But I hardly know this beauty by my side,
I'll never forget the way you look tonight;

I never will forget the way you look tonight...
The lady in red, the lady in red,
The lady in red, my lady in red,

I love you... 

~ sung by Chris De Burg 

 
 

7 comments:

  1. those are the cutest little ladies Ive ever seen! Adorable! You did a fantastic job, everyone WILL LOVE THEM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little red ladies are adorable. You have been so busy. Rest up Sheila. Have a lovely week. and

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is quite the brigade of ladies in red! You did a fabulous job. Now you need to put your dainty feet up and rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is so impressive, and they are just beautiful!

    Alexandra
    OnRockwoodLane.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These must have taken you so long to make, they are all so cute and there are so very many! You did a great job with these! :)

    Hope your week is going well :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great favor for an event. I would love to buy one of these from you to use for patriotic decorating next summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are Great! Wow. Thats a lot of Patriotism!

    ReplyDelete

The Queen

Hello, Dear Ones. I'm sure, just like me, you were all saddened to hear of England's Queen Elizabeth's passing. Her life story w...