Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Falling in the China Cabinet

Hello, Dear Ones! I'm so excited as it is actually feeling like Fall in the mornings here! Yay! So today I'll bring you into my tiny little dining room to show you my china cabinet

Now, do you call your china cabinet a hutch or a china cabinet? Just wondering.
Since the window is directly across from my china cabinet I opened the doors so you wouldn't see the glare. I'm so talented like that you know! :) I am using my vintage Haviland Sepia Rose china this time of year as they have a sweet little Fallish look to them.
See the sweet pattern of the flowers on the china? The color is a beigey rose and looks nice with pun'kins.
Here you're seeing the center of the china cabinet. Starting at the top I've used my great big white platter with a white tea set. Isn't that tea set just darling! I love that tea set. Coming down you'll see another simple white platter with the Sepia Rose covered casserole dish sitting in front surrounded by some of my old Fostoria pieces - covered candy dish, butter dish and teeny little salt and peppers. I don't have any other serving pieces so I poked down a cake stand and set a pun'kin bowl and two little pun'kins on it. More cute glass pieces and a little set of salt and peppers - a gourd and pun'kin!
Here's the left hand side very much like the right side with china and some pun'kins poked in, various crystal glasses, some pieces of my old Fostoria and cut glass pieces.

Fall is such a great time for making changes around our houses. My little china cabinet is very happy with her changes. Hope you are all doing well and thanks for popping in today to see me.

I'm joining Richella at Imparting Grace for Grace At Home

As always, be a sweetie,                                                                                                                        Shelia :)

I'll leave you with a little Note Song ~ I'm not being morbid, but this is just an awesome song

Reflections of My Life

 

The changing of sunlight to moonlight
Reflections of my life
Oh, how they fill my eyes
The greetings of people in trouble
Reflections of my life
Oh, how they fill my eyes
Oh, my sorrows
Sad tomorrows
Take me back to my own home
Oh, my crying (Oh, my crying)
Feel I'm dying, dying
Take me back to my own home
I'm changing, arranging
I'm changing
I'm changing everything
Everything around me
The world is
A bad place
A bad place
A terrible place to live
Oh, but I don't want to die
Oh, my sorrows
Sad tomorrows
Take me back to my own home
Oh, my crying (Oh, my crying)
Feel I'm dying, dying
Take me back to my own home
Oh, my sorrows
Sad tomorrows
Take me back to my own home
~ sung by Marmalade

 

3 comments:

  1. Your china cabinet looks beautiful styled for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelia, your dining room may be small but it is huge with warmth and prettiness. I love that you changed up your dishes and that is a very beautiful set. Your tea set is gorgeous. I have a very similar set that I love above all else. I have a lot of fall dishes and didn't think to change up my hutch (or cupboard, as I call it, because mine is far from fancy)..Happy Weekend, my friend..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete

The Queen

Hello, Dear Ones. I'm sure, just like me, you were all saddened to hear of England's Queen Elizabeth's passing. Her life story w...