Tuesday, September 14, 2021

It's Trying To Be Fall Outside, Y'all!


Hello, Dear Ones! It doesn't feel like Fall around here but I'm doing my best to make it look like Fall. 

If you followed me on my old blog that bit the dust, you'll know we moved back to Texas and now have lived here almost three years. We love it. We love Texas. We love South Texas. It's hot. It's humid. But it's home. This is the smallest house we've lived in in over 40 years! Wah! I'm not complaining, I'm just still adjusting to NOT having much storage. Any way...

Well, I just had to get my cuteness on and placed these little scarecrows out front and a few pun'kins. These little scarecrows are a couple and they are constantly making eyes at each other!
Moving up the front walk you'll see my tiny little flower bed. the vibrant pink knock out roses are very tired now and their blooms looks all washed out. My periwinkles bit the dust and so I planted some white mums. The mums are surrounded by a border of puffy grass. Then I found this cute little sunflower Welcome sign at Hobby Lobby and poked it right down in the dirt!
We are a very Patriotic family and usually have our flags flying! That window is Mr. Precious' office and I don't know why he had his blinds closed. I guess I had better go inside and check in on him.

Hope you've enjoyed seeing my little house with Fall on the outside.

I'm joining My Wee Abode/Bluesky At Home/Thistle Key Lane for Tuesdays At Home

And as always, be a sweetie,

Shelia ;)

I'll leave you with a little Note Song ~

 "When The Leaves Come Falling Down"

I saw you standing with the wind and the rain in your face
And you were thinking 'bout the wisdom of the leaves and their grace
When the leaves come falling down
In September when the leaves, come falling down

And at night the moon is shining on a clear, cloudless sky
And when the evening shadows fall I'll be there by your side
When the leaves come falling down
In September when the leaves, come falling down

Follow me down, follow me down, follow me down
To the place beside the garden and the wall
Follow me down, follow me down
To the space before the twilight and the dawn

Oh, the last time I saw Paris in the streets, in the rain
And as I walk along the boulevards with you, once again
And the leaves come falling down
In September, when the leaves come falling down

Follow me down, follow me down, follow me down
To the place between the garden and the wall
Follow me down, follow me down
To the space between the twilight and the dawn

And as I'm looking at the colour of the leaves, in your hand
As we're listening to Chet Baker on the beach, in the sand
When the leaves come falling down,
Woe in September, when the leaves come falling down
Oh when the leaves come falling down
Yeah in September when the leaves come falling down

When the leaves come falling down
In September, when the leaves come falling down

When the leaves come falling down in September, in the rain
When the leaves come falling down

When the leaves come falling down in September, in the rain
When the leaves come falling down

~ sung by Van Morrison

 

1 comment:

  1. Your sweet Texas home is beautiful. Love all brick homes. Have a great rest of the day. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete

The Queen

Hello, Dear Ones. I'm sure, just like me, you were all saddened to hear of England's Queen Elizabeth's passing. Her life story w...