Thursday, September 16, 2021

Falling On My Piano

 Hello, Dear Ones! Fall wouldn't be complete if I didn't decorate the top of my piano so ~ that's what I did!


 My piano sits in this little cove of the living room and is framed with these nice windows!                     Let's get a bit closer.
Here we are looking at my vignette on top of my piano. First of all that is my grandmother's old lace tea table cloth. She passed away when I was three years old and now I'm very old so that makes this piece of lace very very old! I thought you might like to know that! :) Anyway, the big floral stays here all year round. I made this over 20 years ago and each time we've moved, the arrangement get disassembled and when I unpack it all - I just put it back together. Okay! I've poked down two of my largest Staffordshire dogs and they really love sitting on my piano. I gave them a Fall looking hydrangea and that made them even happier.

Now on to these sweet little white pun'kins with a hand painted blue flower. Aren't these so sweet? They will finish out my vignette!

Hope you've enjoyed seeing my piano all Falled up! Oh, wait before you leave and I'll play you a little Note Song.

I'm joining Richella for her party - Grace At Home 

Life and Linda for Love Your Creativity Party 

Debra at Common Ground for All About Home 

Turn About Tuesday Party

As Always, be a sweetie,

Shelia :)

I'll leave you a little Note Song ~

A Love Song

 

There's a wren in a willow wood
Flies so high, sings so good
And he brings to you, what he sings to you
And the love in his lullaby
Seems to tell me if I try
I could fly for you
Lover I wanna try for you cause
I wanna sing you a love song
I wanna rock you in my arms all night long
I wanna get to know you
I wanna show you the peaceful feeling of my home
Summer thunder on moon-bright days
Northern lights in the skys ablaze
I'll bring to you, if you let me sing to you
Silver wings in a firery sky
Show the trail of our love and
I wanna sing to you, love is what i bring to you
I wanna sing to you
Oh, I wanna sing you a love song
I wanna rock you in my arms all night long
I wanna get to know you
I wanna show you the peaceful feeling of my home
Oh, I wanna sing you a love song
I wanna rock you in my arms all night long
I wanna get to know you
I wanna show you the peaceful feeling of my home
~ sung by Kenny Loggins

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh so pretty. What a perfect place for your grand piano. Have a great evening. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Shelia, I was so glad to hear from you! For the longest time, I kept your blog in my blog list, and sometimes I would check and see if you'd posted anything. It all looked normal but the other day I looked and yes, all your pictures were missing. I'm real glad you have come back, I always loved your fun posts. Loved seeing your "punkins" and Fall decor and your decor on your mantel and your piano. I decorated our mantel just today. I try to do all this September first, so we can enjoy it all right up til time to take it down and put up Christmas decor, but I usually run late, lol. I LOVED seeing the pretty clothes you've been sewing and especially the fancy night out at the Ball and everyone in the pretty red dresses, y'all looked so glamourous and pretty! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fall on top of the piano looks wonderful. I was so glad to see you comment on my blog. Somehow you dropped off of my Bloglovin list and I thought you just were not blogging anymore!

    ReplyDelete

The Queen

Hello, Dear Ones. I'm sure, just like me, you were all saddened to hear of England's Queen Elizabeth's passing. Her life story w...