Saturday, September 18, 2021

Falling on the Finn

 Hello, Dear Ones! I hope your day is going well! Today I wanted to bring you to the other end of my living room and show you The Finn.

I affectionately call this piece "The Finn". The top part with the old mirror is from a pump organ that belonged to my grandmother way before I was born. Something happened to the pump organ but she always kept the top part. After she passed away it was given to my daddy. He and my mother wanted to use this so a little friend named Glen Finn (great name, huh?) was a carpenter and built the bottom part and attached the mirror part to it. The mirror part is oak so he used oak for the base and believe me - it's heavy!! I love it so and in remembrance of my little friend Glen, who is now in Heaven, I named this piece after him. I love that story.
Now that you know what it is and how it got to be what it is - on with the decorating! I decorate The Finn with each season and Fall is always fun on The Finn. I kept it kinda simple with a floral I made and placed in a piece of milk glass. There's a smell good candle up on the little ledge on the left that I burn to make the air smell nice.
I poked down on the right side of the floral two little Dollar Store pun'kins that I bought a gazillion years ago
I love my Staffordshire doggies, this is not one of those, but he is just so cute and he looks great for Fall so he stands here on the left side waiting for a pat on the head or a doggy cookie!
And probably because I can't leave well enough alone, I placed a Fall pick over the edge of this little lamp shade just to be cute! I like it, do you?
I think I'm all Falled out today and will go get me a nice cold Diet Dr. Pepper and poke my tiny toes up on a stool and go visit you all!

Hope you've enjoyed The Finn all Falled up today!

I'm joining the party at Life and Linda for Love Your Creativity Party 

Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday

As always, be a sweetie,

Shelia ;)


I'll leave you with a little Note Song ~ just a silly little song today...

The Hero Boy Named Finn

 Finn: Is this really my life?
Is this how my story ends?
Bein' in this body,
Seems like a battle that I cannot win.
Maybe I should lay my head down slow,
And sleep until it's all ova,
Is this the end,
of the hero boy named Finn?
Heck no! Darn it, no!
This isn't how I go!
I'm gonna kill it! I'm gonna kick life's butt,
And win it, to win it.
I'm gonna take life's name,
And spit on it, and kick it!
Life can just go eat it,
'Cause this is a man's game!
Finn: Get up, Gork!
Gork: Huh? Why?
Finn: I'm not gonna let you lie here,
And waste away,
You better get up, Gork, or I'll kick you up,
Today's the day!
Gork: Whoa. Okay man, just be cool.
Finn: And I'm not gonna be cool!
'Cause I'm pipin' hot!
Get up, Trudy! Get up, Kim!
I'm not gonna let you rot!
'Jake: 'Hey, Finn.
Finn: Ja-a-a-ke, stop tellin' me to enjoy, bein' a foot, and get out of that trash!
Jake: Heh heh. I can't take you seriously when you're singing, man.
Finn: Get up! All of you make me sick!
I'll fix you with my kicks!
Gonna reconstruct y'alls self worth,
Brick by emotional brick. 

~ sung by Adventure Time

 

4 comments:

The Queen

Hello, Dear Ones. I'm sure, just like me, you were all saddened to hear of England's Queen Elizabeth's passing. Her life story w...