Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Sorry I've Been Gone So Long!

 Hello, Dear Ones! Right up front I want to apologize for being gone so long. It was not intentional. I'll try to briefly tell you what has been going on with me. 

I had a terrible bout with high blood pressure - I mean really really high blood pressure - and spent a couple of nights in the hospital as they tried to get it down to a point I could go home. Finally, they got it down. This was in May.

I came home with meds to take to try and get my blood pressure under control and was taking my blood pressure constantly.
I failed to say the reason for my high blood pressure was simply FEAR. Yes, fear. I went to a doctor for a test and I knew I was nervous but when they took my blood pressure, the nurse said - go to the emergency room! Mr. Precious was with me and we went. So that's how I got here.
After weeks of meds, adjusting meds and adding new meds my blood pressure is finally under control. Praise God!
But, in the mean time I starting having such anxiety and that scared me to death! I have a really calm, easy going personality and have never dealt with anxiety like this before. So I texted my doctor and they sent me some non addicting drugs to help me.
This has been a real battle for me. The meds have helped. Of course they made me feel really sleepy at first. I looked online and have learned breathing exercises to help when I feel the anxiety mounting and have found that walking around the house for about 10 minutes have really helped me.
As a Christian, I've prayed, recited all the scriptures I can remember and have really tried to give this all to the Lord. Some days have felt great - others not so much.
This fear has hindered my life as I have been fearful to get out of the house. That is getting better as a friend told me to set a goal for myself to get out once a day. So I'm doing that.
At times I have what I call 'waves of anxiety'. The anxiousness starts and I feel really jittery for a few seconds, it goes away and comes back in a few minutes. That seems to have gotten better in the past few days.
I didn't want to write this post for you to feel sorry for me, just to be honest and tell you why I haven't felt like blogging. I so enjoy visiting you all and having you come visit me and I want to start again.

I know I'm going to kick this and I'm ready to get back to living my life.

Be a bunch of sweeties,                                                                                                                        Shelia :)

I'll leave you with a little Note Song ~

If I Could Just Sit With You Awhile

When I can not feel
When my wounds don't heal
Lord, I humbly kneel
Hidden in You
Lord, You are my life
So I don't mind to die
Just as long as I am
Hidden in You
If I could just sit with You awhile
If You could just hold me
Nothing could touch me
Though I'm wounded, though I die
If I could just sit with You awhile
I need You to hold me
Moment by moment
'Til forever passes by
When I know I've sinned
When I should have been
Crying out, "My God"
And hidden in You
Lord, I need You now
More than I know how
So I humbly bow
Hidden in You
If I could just sit with You awhile
If You could just hold me
Nothing could touch me
Though I'm wounded, though I die
If I could just sit with You awhile
I need You to hold me
Moment by moment
'Til forever passes by
If I could just sit with You awhile
I need You to hold me
Moment by moment
'Til forever passes by
Moment by moment
'Til forever passes by
~ sung by Dennis Jernigan

 

4 comments:

  1. Hey there friend, I've been checking on you on FB because you hadn't posted. I totally understand. Sometimes our bodies just go through strange cycles. This last several years with Covid have done a number on all of us; our bodies and minds. take care and rest up and don't push yourself. xo Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lately I have pulled just one line from the 23rd Psalm. "HE MAKES ME to lie down in Green Pastures." I recite it and remind myself that it is a commandment from the Lord that I lie down in green pastures. He wants us to relax and take time to enjoy the pasture! Think about it. It has helped me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a couple of family members that have anxiety and it comes and goes and it can be so devastating. My heart goes out to you. I think talking about it helps so much and learning coping mechanisms to help when the anxiety hits is the best. Sounds like you are trying your best. Like any thing in life it can be a challenge when we least expect it. My daughter said hers come on for now apparent reason so she just learns coping skills to help. She said the best thing that helps her especially at work is when she feels it coming on or it is in full gear she goes to the washroom and runs her hands under cold water. Her therapist told her this shuts down the brain that is dealing with the anxiety and makes it concentrate on the coldness to her hands. Just an FYI for you. It works very well for her. She also takes walks and that helps. Glad you went to the doctor and they caught the BP and have helped with that too. I just lost our sweet pup and have not felt like sharing much in bogland either. Sometimes life just grabs hold of us. Prayers for you sweet friend that you continue to find ways to cope and feel good. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Sheila,
    It was good to see that you had posted again but I am saddened to read of your health issues. I hope you are some better by now. With covid and one thing or another, the past couple of years have been difficult, and I can completely sympathize with your feelings of anxiety. Our Lord never leaves us. I pray
    you'll be strengthen by His loving arms.
    All the pictures of your beautiful home are a pleasure to see.
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete

The Queen

Hello, Dear Ones. I'm sure, just like me, you were all saddened to hear of England's Queen Elizabeth's passing. Her life story w...