Thursday, January 20, 2022

Clean and White - Today

Hello, Dear Ones. Today I would like to show you my half wall that separates my living room from my kitchen. Thank goodness for this wall as it helps hide a little mess or two that I make in the kitchen.

I rather think of these ledges as mantels. I can do that, can't I? If you've visited me before you've seen this large floral that I've made. Well, I love it and here it sits again. I like those two blue and white candle sticks too and they love me back so... This is the center ledge of my half wall.

Since I used lots of color during Christmas, I wanted to keep everything clean and white. So the perfect solution was pieces of my Milk Glass. I took one of my vases and poked a moss ball in it for the center. Then I added some pretty pieces of Milk Glass around it. It's so clean and white you can barely see the Milk Glass!

Here is the other ledge. Same concept - large Milk Glass vase with a moss ball poked in it and then four pieces of pretty Milk Glass. I'm liking the clean and white look. I'll like it for a little while until the bunnies come out!

Be a bunch of sweeties,                                                                                                                              Shelia :)

I'll leave you with a little Note Song ~

Nights In White Satin

 Nights in white satin

Never reaching the end
Letters I've written
Never meaning to send
Beauty I'd always missed
With these eyes before
Just what the truth is
I can't say anymore
'Cause I love you
Yes I love you
Oh, how I love you
Gazing at people
Some hand in hand
Just what I'm going through
They can't understand
Some try to tell me
Thoughts they cannot defend
Just what you want to be
You will be in the end
And I love you
Yes I love you
Oh, how I love you
Oh, how I love you
Nights in white satin
Never reaching the end
Letters I've written
Never meaning to send
Beauty I'd always missed
With these eyes before
Just what the truth is
I can't say anymore
Yes I love you
Oh, how I love you
Oh, how I love you
Yes I love you
Yes I love you
Oh, how I love you
Oh, how I love you
Breathe deep the gathering gloom
Watch lights fade from every room
Bed sitter people look back and lament
Another days useless energy spent
Impassioned lovers wrestle as one
Lonely man cries for love and has none
New mother picks up and suckles her son
Senior citizens wish they were young
Cold hearted orb that rules the night
Removes the colors from our sight
Red is gray and yellow white
But we decide which is right
And which is an illusion
~ sung by The Moody Blues

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty.
    Moody Blues are my very favorite band.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your white decor! I'm using a lot of white right now too.....gives my eye's a rest from all the red I had out at Christmas....lol! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear from you Shelia! Happy Blogging......again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the song Nights in White Satin when I was in High School. Brings back memories! The milk glass and white are so pretty on your half wall. Happy Friday Shelia. Have a very good weekend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, I loved that old song too, loved the Moody Blues, they sure had some great songs. Love all your pretty white things. I'll be putting my blue/white things back out soon when I put the spring things out. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty Sheila. Love the white look. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your decor and also, the song post..what a great idea. Music is so uplifting and this "Nights in White Satin" is a great oldie goldie. Love your Staffordshire Dogs..I have a few myself so immediately caught my attention. I came across your Blog through your friend Kris's Blog. Enjoy the warmth of your posts. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What kind words and I thank you for them. Thank you so much for popping in to see me and I hope you'll come back soon. I clicked on your name to go to your blog and comment but it seems it's not up anymore. Hope you'll come back to see how much I appreciate your visit.

    ReplyDelete

The Queen

Hello, Dear Ones. I'm sure, just like me, you were all saddened to hear of England's Queen Elizabeth's passing. Her life story w...