Thursday, January 6, 2022

Christmasing in the Dining Room

 Hello, Dear Ones! I hope your Christmasing is going well! Do you think Christmas came a little early this year? It seems that way to me! Anyway, let's come into my little dining room today.

We recently had a dinner party with eight folks. I only have six chairs with my dining room table so I had to borrow a couple of little ones from the breakfast room.
For my centerpiece I grabbed this piece of Milk Glass and poked in some Christmas looking red roses and a few picks! I put a candle on each side with a little candle ring around each one. I had poked it all down on a red Christmas runner.
Here is my place setting. There are some Christmas dishes I've had for many a year and I paired the dishes up with my Ruby Red glass - little bowls and glasses. I also have some wine glasses but didn't use them this time. Can you see those darling little Christmas tree napkin rings? I poked in some non Christmas napkins, but they're red so I think they work.
Then on my little buffet, I went kinda simple using my white reindeer.
Aren't they sweet? They have little Christmas wreaths that go around their little necks but I didn't use them this year.
I always seem to keep my silverware box here and just use it to decorate on. Again, just simple - a candle and some frosty pears.
I wanted to show you my beautiful Fostoria cake stand I got recently. Oh, I just love this old Fostoria and this piece has been on my wishlist for some time.
Then on top of my curio cabinet I poked down a Christmas red thingy! My Rooster seems to like it!
For my dinner party I served heavy appetizers - and my guests seemed to like it! This is a bunch of friends who get together every month at each others homes so we can pull stuff like that! ;)
 

Be a bunch of sweeties,
Shelia ;)

I'll leave you with a little Note Song ~

Fum, Fum, Fum

On December five and twenty,
Fum, fum, fum.
On December five and twenty,
Fum, fum, fum.
For a Blessed Babe was born
Upon this day at break of morn.
In a manger poor and lowly
Lay the Son of God most holy,
Fum, fum, fum.

Holidays the good Lord gave us,
Fum, fum, fum!
Holidays the good Lord gave us,
Fum, fum, fum!
Summer feasting suits us best,
Yet, withal His name be blest.
He who doth our needs remember,
Sent us Christmas in December,
Fum, fum, fum!

Little birds out in the wood,
Sing fum, fum, fum!
Little birds out in the wood,
Sing fum, fum, fum!
All your fledglings on the bough,
O leave them now, O leave them now.
Make a soft and downy nest
So the newborn babe may rest
Sing fum, fum, fum!

Little stars up in the sky,
Sing fum, fum, fum!
Little stars up in the sky,
Sing fum, fum, fum!
See the little Jesus crying,
Don't you cry, O don't you cry,
Fill the night with twinkling light.

Oh wondrous stars that shine so bright,
Sing fum, fum, fum!

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas!!!
    Your dining room is quite festive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those big white reindeers!!!!---I love those!

    ReplyDelete

The Queen

Hello, Dear Ones. I'm sure, just like me, you were all saddened to hear of England's Queen Elizabeth's passing. Her life story w...