Friday, September 10, 2021

Been A Sewin'

 Hello, Dear Ones!

I used to sew all of the time - made everything I wore, even slacks with front zippers! Lordy! Well, I've continued sewing making home things and play things but quit sewing for myself about ten years ago. Well, I decided to treat myself to a new Janome sewing machine and it's been a blessing and a wonder. Needless to say - I LOVE IT! Guess what? I've started sewing for myself again. Slow and easy.

 

Mr Precious and I attended a Ball in Houston and the group we attended with, all of the ladies decided to wear red. I procrastinated and didn't find an evening dress in time so I made a very simple one, but it's red! Very simple. I made slits on the tops of the sleeves and added little bows. I made a slit in the skirt too with a little bow at the top of it.

Here are all of the beautiful ladies in red!

Mr. Precious obtained a limo and driver to take us to the ball. It was so much fun as some of the ladies had never ridden in a limo. It was kinda like an old ladies and their dates prom night! :)

Found this pretty fabric at Jo Ann Fabrics and made a little top with buttons on the sleeves.

Another very simple little church dress.
Here I am - the silly me that I really am most of the time. This is a very very simple top that is just two pieces - the front and the back. I bought this fabric at Walmart - very cheap and very thin. Well I wore a chemise underneath it and when I washed it - it fell apart! It ripped apart at the seams! No more Walmart fabric!
 
This little dress is one of my favorites made from a cotton I do like red clothes. Does that mean something! :)
I'm making lots of tops, can you tell? :) This is the cutest fabric with little ladies walking and playing with their dogs all over it! It's a simple dolmen sleeve top - again just two pieces but I added some ties on the sleeves to make it look a little different.
Here I go again with the dolmen sleeve pattern but added this 20 year old lace at the bottom that I had cut off from a dress. Hope it holds up in the wash.
Mr. Precious looking so handsome and little fluffy me! We attended another one of Mr. Precious' affairs and I needed another formal outfit. This looks like a dress but it's actually a long top with a floor length black skirt. Now this fabric...it is very pretty and the design is in golds and coppers. It was shedding glitter like nobody's business! After I made it I shook it and shook it and shook it! I was even afraid to put it into my garment bag to take on our trip so I poked a large trash bag over the top of it and cut a hole for the hanger. So when we attended the formal dinner - everywhere I went I left my 'fairy dust'. On the floor and even on others sitting at our table and it looked like someone had up chucked glitter on the seat of my chair.

Well, I'm not really bragging on my self, maybe just a little - you know I'm kidding , but I'm enjoying my journey back to sewing and hope you've like my garments and as you can see - I seem to always have a story!

I'm joining Sew Can Do for the Hello September Craftastic Monday Link Party

  & Julie at Sum of Their Stories for her Handmade Monday Party

 As always...be a sweetie,

Shelia :)

 I'll leave you with a little Note Song ~ 

 Sharp Dressed Man

Clean shirt, new shoes
And I don't know where I am goin' to
Silk suit, black tie (black tie)
I don't need a reason why
They come runnin' just as fast as they can
'Cause every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed man
Gold watch, diamond ring
I ain't missin' not a single thing
Cufflinks, stick pin
When I step out I'm gonna do you in
They come runnin' just as fast as they can
'Cause every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed man
Top coat, top hat
And I don't worry 'cause my wallet's fat
Black shades, white gloves
Lookin' sharp, lookin' for love
They come runnin' just as fast as they can
'Cause every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed man
 
~ sung by Z Z Top

 


 

5 comments:

  1. I love all of your dresses and tops. They look amazing. I use to make my own clothes and my daughter's too. Not anymore. Maybe I should start again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are quite talented. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelia,
    I just love everything that you made...They all look so lovely on you!! I too used to make all my clothes when I was in high school but with working full time and having 2 kids, it was just easier to buy them...I should get more back into sewing for myself!!! Thanks for the inspiration!! Thanks for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheila, you are a master seamstress with all of the beautiful clothes you have made for yourself! You look so pretty modeling your work. Wishing you a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made the most beautiful things to wear and they all look terrific on you. It is good to know that Walmart fabric is a no-no.

    ReplyDelete

The Queen

Hello, Dear Ones. I'm sure, just like me, you were all saddened to hear of England's Queen Elizabeth's passing. Her life story w...