Thursday, November 25, 2021

Living Room Turn Around

Hello Dear Ones! I pray you all had a nice Thanksgiving! I sure did and am still feeling a little bit stuffed! On with my post...

I made some changes in my living room and wanted to show you before I start to put up my Christmas decorations!

I must tell you that this post starts with this pretty chair. Actually there's two of these pretty chairs. I was on the lookout for two extra side chairs for the living room. Chairs that were not too heavy with wooden arms and legs so you could see through them and the light could shine underneath. Well, guess what? I found them! I found these two silk fabric covered arm chairs that were just what I was looking for! I could not wait to get them home! But I brought them in, sat them down and uh oh! My living room didn't look right! Had I made a mistake? There was just too much pattern going on! Oh no!


See? The pattern on the rug, the pattern on my winged back chairs, the pattern on my sofa and now the new chairs! Oh, and don't forget the pattern of Willow Dawn!
I made a change. Do you see it?
Look again. Do you see it now?
Do you see it now? Well let me tell you what I did.
My sofa! I love my sofa with it's pretty pattern and not to mention it's so very comfortable and not to mention that it's an expensive designer sofa. I started looking around thinking I would just buy a new sofa in a neutral color, if I could talk Mr. Precious into it! Well, my search began and I just didn't want to pay the price for a new sofa that I didn't even like as much as the one I already had! Then I light bulb went off! Why not look for a slip cover!!! Genius! So I went to the Wayfair site and found this slip cover. I measured my sofa and ordered it with three covers for the seat cushions! I stretched it around the sofa and then I poked the seat cushions in the slipcovers and I had a new sofa. Now don't look too closely as there's a little bit of a wrinkle there on the 'skirt' part of the sofa and the seat cushion slips are really on there tight. But when you sit down and get up there are no wrinkles in anything! We've had company over twice and people were waddling all over my sofa and when they got up it still looked just like that picture!!
What do you think? I love it! It calmed the room down, my new chairs look perfect now with the slip covered sofa and my print rug and the floral rust colored winged backs look great too!
Here you can see all of the chairs and I just love the look now and I can use prettier print pillows on the sofa to bring in the colors of the rug. If I could just get rid of that one wrinkle! Well, life's not quite perfect, is it! I'm pretty happy with this look. I still have my comfy old sofa but she's just wearing a new dress! And guess what? The slip cover with tax cost under $70! Yeah, I like that!

Be a bunch of sweeties,                                                                                                                       Shelia :)

I'll leave you with a little Note Song ~

Hold On

I know there's pain (I know there's pain)
Why do you lock yourself up in these chains? (These chains)
No one can change your life except for you
Don't ever let anyone step all over you
Just open your heart and your mind (Mmm)
Is it really fair to feel, this way inside? (Woah)
Some day somebody's gonna make you want to turn around and say goodbye
Until then, baby, are you going to let 'em hold you down and make you cry?
Don't you know? Don't you know, things can change
Things'll go your way
If you Hold On for one more day
Can you Hold On for one more day?
Things'll go your way
Hold On for one more day
You could sustain (You could sustain)
Hm, or are you comfortable with the pain?
You've got no one to blame for your unhappiness (No, baby)
You got yourself into your own mess (Ooh)
Lettin' your worries pass you by (Lettin' your worries pass you by)
Baby, don't you think it's worth your time
To change your mind? (No, no)
Some day somebody's gonna make you want to turn around and say goodbye
Until then, baby, are you going to let 'em hold you down and make you cry?
Don't you know? Don't you know, things can change
Things'll go your way
If you Hold On for one more day
Can you Hold On for one more day?
Things'll go your way (Oh, things'll go your way)
Hold On for one more day
I know that there is pain, but you
Hold On for one more day, and ya
Break free from the chains
Yeah I know that there is pain, but you
Hold On for one more day, and ya
Break free, break from the chains
Some day somebody's gonna make you want to turn around and say goodbye (and say goodbye)
Until then, baby, are you going to let 'em hold you down and make you cry?
Don't you know? Don't you know, things can change (Know)
Things'll go your way
If you Hold On for one more day, yeah
If you Hold On
Don't you know, things could change
Things could go your way
If you Hold On for one more day
Can you Hold On
Can you Hold On
Mmm, can you Hold On, baby
Won't you tell me now
Hold On for one more day, 'cause
It's gonna go your way
Don't you know, things could change
Things could go your way
If you Hold On for one more day, yeah
Can't you change it this time
Make up your mind
Hold On, Hold On
Baby Hold On
~ sung by Wilson Phillips

 
 

8 comments:

  1. I think your room is really beautiful. The sofa looks fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. Perfect slip cover. Give me the link to the slipcover, that could be the answer to my living room sofa that I want to change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great room and beautiful slipcover. The chairs are beautiful too. Just a nice conversation area. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, amazing what a neutral slipcover can do for a room! Love those wonderful chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your living room looks great! I can't wait to see it decked out for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great! Love the pretty new chairs and the couch cover is a great idea, it all goes together so nicely! Can you believe the Christmas season is here already???

    ReplyDelete

The Queen

Hello, Dear Ones. I'm sure, just like me, you were all saddened to hear of England's Queen Elizabeth's passing. Her life story w...