Monday, November 15, 2021

A Dinner Party Table

 Hello Dear Ones! Well after all of my Fall decorating I thought Mr. Precious and I should have a little dinner party and that's exactly what we did! Come on along and see my table before our guests get here.

All set for dinner.
I just left my crocheted runner on the table and placed down some white chargers and went to town.

This china is very dear to me as it belonged to my little mother who is now in Heaven. When  I was 14 years old, my daddy asked me to come with him shopping. We were going to pick out some china for my mother! I felt so grown up. He must have really trusted me because he asked me to pick out the pattern - and this is the what I chose! It's Nottingham china made in Japan and the pattern is called Bristol. It's pretty old because it was bought about 1964. I grabbed some red floral napkins and napkin rings and we were almost there!
I've used some of my cranberry glass goblets that looked perfect with the china.
A couple of weeks ago I found these darling salt and peppers - a white pun'kin and a white gourd! I bought two sets so I could have salt and pepper on both sides of the table. No reaching over any one. I'm so talented like that!
I've already posted about my Fall centerpiece here and as much as I like the floral in the middle - it was just too tall for guests! I didn't want anyone to strain their tiny necks trying to see someone on the other side of the table!
So I yanked out all of the florals, grabbed a little glass bowl and started poking in the stems to make a lower arrangement. It's not as pretty as the before centerpiece but it was much better  for conversation. Do you see the little lights on my Fall leaves garland? I just love that and those two white pun'kins light up too.
Here I am in all my glory - no lipstick on - after a hard day's work of decorating and cooking. I should have taken a picture of our food but I didn't want to seem silly to my guests. We had a green chili Mexican casserole, pinto beans, guacamole and all of the fixings. For desert - home made ice cream and home made pound cake. It was all very yummy!

I do have a little left over ice cream if you'd like a bowl - just say the word!

As always, be a sweetie,                                                                                                                             Shelia ;) 

I'll leave you with a little Note Song ~

Tutti Frutti

Tutti frutti, oh rootie
Tutti frutti, oh rootie
Tutti frutti, oh rootie
Tutti frutti, oh rootie
Tutti frutti, oh rootie
A wop bop a loo bop a lop ba ba
I got a gal, named Sue, she knows just what to do
I got a gal, named Sue, she knows just what to do
She rock to the East, she rock to the West
But she's the gal that I love best
Tutti frutti, oh rootie
Tutti frutti, oh rootie, ooh
Tutti frutti, oh rootie
Tutti frutti, oh rootie
Tutti frutti, oh rootie
A wop bop a loo bop a lop bom bom
I got a gal, named Daisy, she almost drives me crazy
Got a gal, named Daisy, she almost drives me crazy
She knows how to love me, yes indeed
Boy you don't know what she do to me
Tutti frutti, oh rootie
Tutti frutti, oh rootie, ooh
Tutti frutti, oh rootie
Tutti frutti, oh rootie
Tutti frutti, oh rootie
Wop bop a loo bop, ow
Oh tutti frutti, oh rootie
Tutti frutti, oh rootie, ooh
Tutti frutti, oh rootie
Tutti frutti, oh rootie
Tutti frutti, oh rootie
A wop bop a loo bop a lop bom bom
I got a gal, named Daisy, she almost drive me crazy
Got a gal, named Daisy, she almost drive me crazy
She knows how to love me, yes indeed
Boy you don't know what she do to me
Tutti frutti, oh rootie
Tutti frutti, oh rootie, ooh
Tutti frutti, oh rootie
Tutti frutti, oh rootie
Tutti frutti, oh rootie
A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom 
~ sung by Little Richard 

4 comments:

  1. Would have loved to be one of your guests at such an elegant tablescape.....and the menu looked yummy! I thought you looked pretty good after a hard days work cooking.....great photo even without lipstick! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila it all looks so pretty and so festive! Anybody who gets an invite to YOUR PRETTY HOUSE AND YOUR PRETTY TABLE is lucky indeed! The flowers look so pretty and I love the dainty little lights. You look great in the picture...lipstick or not! The food sounds so delicous, I'll take second helpings of everything, ladylike or not!! ha ha LOL Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely table setting and the meal sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love a bowl of that homemade ice cream! Your table looks so beautiful. I am sure your guest felt so special with your pretty table and great food. Love your shirt girl that is adorable. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete

The Queen

Hello, Dear Ones. I'm sure, just like me, you were all saddened to hear of England's Queen Elizabeth's passing. Her life story w...