Saturday, September 4, 2021

Farmer's Almanac

 Hello, Dear Ones!

Well, I'm back to share with you some of my recent cross stitched pieces. I love to cross stitch and I always have something going on and try to stitch a little each night. The piece I want to show you today is called "Farmer's Almanac" by The Prairie Schooler.

Isn't this just the sweetest and it can help you remember how many days there are in each month!

Cute huh? I'll bet some of you already knew the little verse.
I love the sweet little pink house with the blue door and it looks like the little house backs up to the woods. So we know there will be deer, squirrels and raccoons - oh, and maybe a little bear or two. I'm sure they're sweet one though.
There are animals on this farm so it is a busy place. I guess you call these barn yard animals.

Here's one more peep at this sweet cross stitch piece. I hope you've enjoyed seeing it.

I'm so happy today to be joining the party 'Love Your Creativity at Life and Linda 

Julie for Handmade Monday at Sum Of Their Stories

Susan at Between Naps on the Porch

As always, be a sweetie,

Shelia :)

I'll leave you with a little Note Song ~

Thank God I'm A Country Boy

Well, life on the farm is kinda laid back
Ain't much an old country boy like me can't hack
It's early to rise and early in the sack
Thank God I'm a country boy
Well, a simple kind of life never did me no harm
Raisin' me a family and workin' on the farm
My days are all filled with an easy country charm
Thank God I'm a country boy
Well, I got me a fine wife, I got my old fiddle
When the sun's comin' up, I got cakes on the griddle
Life ain't nothin' but a funny, funny riddle
Thank God I'm a country boy
When the work's all done and the sun is settin' low
I pull out my fiddle and I rosin up the bow
But the kids are asleep so I keep it kinda low
Thank God I'm a country boy
I'd play "Sally Goodin" all day if I could
But the Lord and my wife wouldn't take it very good
So I fiddle when I can and I work when I should
Thank God I'm a country boy
Well, I got me a fine wife, I got my old fiddle
When the sun's comin' up, I got cakes on the griddle
Life ain't nothin' but a funny, funny riddle
Thank God I'm a country boy
Well, I wouldn't trade my life for diamonds or jewels
I never was one of them money hungry fools
I'd rather have my fiddle and my farmin' tools
Thank God I'm a country boy
Yeah, city folks drivin' in a black limousine
A lotta sad people think that's mighty keen
Son, let me tell you exactly what I mean
Thank God I'm a country boy
Well, I got me a fine wife, I got my old fiddle
When the sun's comin' up, I got cakes on the griddle
Life ain't nothin' but a funny, funny riddle
Thank God I'm a country boy
Well, my fiddle was my daddy's 'til the day he died
And he took me by the hand and held me close to his side
He said, "Live a good life, play my fiddle with pride
And thank God you're a country boy"
My daddy taught me young how to hunt and how to whittle
He taught me how to work and play a tune on the fiddle
He taught me how to love and how to give just a little
Thank God I'm a country boy
Well, I got me a fine wife, I got my old fiddle
When the sun's comin' up, I got cakes on the griddle
Life ain't nothin' but a funny, funny riddle
Thank God I'm a country boy
~ sung by John Denver



5 comments:

  1. Hi Shelia. I am so glad you came by so now I have found your blog. I signed up for email to know when you post. I use to cross stitch years ago. Your cross stitch piece is gorgeous. Have a great holiday weekend. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila, you a re so talented. Lovely cross stitching. I have never tried it, however I am admiring your handy work. Thanks for sharing at Love Your Creativity. Enjoy the week ahead. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelia, what a fun cross stitch! It turned our beautifully! I'm so glad to have you back in Blog Land!! Have a lovely week! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelia, that is really sweet and I use that little verse every time I need to know about what month I am in! I also need to get my glasses changed so I can see to do some more needlework..Happy Tuesday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelia - your cross stitch Farmers Almanac is adorable. Love the phrase and the barn. You are so talented!

    All the best ~ Vicki and Jenn ~ 2 Bees in a Pod

    ReplyDelete

The Queen

Hello, Dear Ones. I'm sure, just like me, you were all saddened to hear of England's Queen Elizabeth's passing. Her life story w...