Thursday, September 2, 2021

Is It Fall Yet?

Hello, Dear Ones!

Hope you're all doing well. I know Autumn is almost upon us but here in South Texas - it's still so very hot! So I thought I would show you around the back yard a little. Seems like we really should be a little farther along back here but it is what it is.

Our backyard is very small and this big ole oak tree is front and center. We lost everything back here last winter with the freeze except the tree of course. So I planted a few little edging grasses and elephant ears. I know they have a fancy name but I call them elephant ears. Well these puppies are at least 5 feet tall! I'm 4' 11" and they are a little taller than me! They are certainly the stars of this bed!

We found this cute wind whirly at Costco! Just love that place.


  

A friend gave us this banana tree plant last year. We thought it was dead from the freeze but it came back. We haven't taken very good care of it though and it should be in the ground.

                                      There's Bunny Foo Foo peeping through the ears.

                                                          Did I show you the ears? :)


Then...early Spring, Mr. Precious and I started rebuilding the fence! We did a pretty good job! More to go after it cools down a bit.
More purchases from Costco. We found these nice sliding chairs and little table. It's really too hot to sit out here right now and enjoy them so maybe as it cools down we can.
One more look at our greens. This is what you see when you step out of the back door.

Willow Dawn wants to say hi! She is 4 1/2 years old now and my complete little darling.

Okie dokie. I guess I'll stay inside with the air conditioning on till the leaves start to fall!

Hope all is well with you all and as always...

Be a sweetie,

Shelia :)


I'll leave you with a little Note Song ~

The Green, Green Grass of Home

The old hometown looks the same
As I step down from the train
And there to meet me is my mama and papa
Down the road I look and there runs Mary
Hair of gold and lips like cherries
It's good to touch the green, green grass of home
Yes, they'll all come to meet me
Arms reaching, smiling sweetly
It's good to touch the green, green grass of home
The old house is still standing
Though the paint is cracked and dry
And there's that old oak tree that I used to play on
Down the lane, I walk with my sweet Mary
Hair of gold and lips like cherries
It's good to touch the green, green grass of home
Then I awake and look around me
At four grey walls that surround me
And I realize, yes, I was only dreaming
For there's a guard and there's a sad, old padre
On and on, we'll walk at daybreak
Again, I'll touch the green, green grass of home
Yes, they'll all come to see me
In the shade of that old oak tree
As they lay me
'Neath the green, green grass of home
~ sung by Tom Jones

 

2 comments:

  1. Your elephant ear plants look great! I planted one in a pot but it’s about half the size of yours! Well if that banana tree can survive last winter I guess it’s time to plant it, or bring it in. I don’t like live plants in the house mainly because of watering them and the dangers of water getting on the floor or furniture so I opt for faux! I hope it cools down for you soon. Those new glider chairs look premium!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheila! I was so very happy to see you back blogging again. Love your song choice today - one of my faces. Jane

    ReplyDelete

The Queen

Hello, Dear Ones. I'm sure, just like me, you were all saddened to hear of England's Queen Elizabeth's passing. Her life story w...